Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Superstreet riders look here

Senior Member Expert
    Willi. Welcome to the club. Don't ever appologize for any questions, as there are always many running through your head when making these choices. There are several people in this club including myself that will answer any questions you have anytime and/or mentor you through the entire racing progression. You should hook up with one of us and have a descent phone conversation with us to familiarize yourself with all of the ideas and questions that you have. We love helping riders get into the sport in a practical way. I personally did the superstreet program a couple years ago on an aprilia RSV mille 1000, and had a blast. There have been all kinds of bikes in the class, and an older gsxr or something might be good to keep things on the cheap. You can give me a call anytime: Dennis 3034283614. I did a fair amount of dirt track stock car stuff in the past also. Send KFinn (Kevin) a message if you have any questions too he is also helping with the superstreet program currently. See you soon!
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks Dennis,
    I will take you up on the telecon and definitely appreciate the help.
    Is it a mid-life crisis or am I crazy?

Junior Member Novice
    I was there! I had the most amazing time and it was totally worth the wait. I certainly was not the fastest (didn't expect to be) but I wasn't last. Oh yeah I was riding a Red Buell 1125CR, so I think any bike will do.
    Live as if God will come tomorrow.....because He just might!

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by guambra2001
    I was there! I had the most amazing time and it was totally worth the wait. I certainly was not the fastest (didn't expect to be) but I wasn't last. Oh yeah I was riding a Red Buell 1125CR, so I think any bike will do.
    Nice, saw you leaving PPIR, I was in front of you on the highway with the black SS and the white/black ZX10r on a little american flyer looking trailer.

good to see such a variety of bikes, for those new people, you will also see Jason ride the hell out of his ZX12r out there also.

Junior Member Novice
    How do the big bikes perform against the lighter quicker 600's?I assume they lose in the corner but hopefully gain it on the straights?
    Is it a mid-life crisis or am I crazy?

Senior Member Amateur
    Just my $0.02 here, the smaller bikes will be a "little" more forgiving powering out of a turn, and the bigger bike may give you an oh sh*t feeling heading down a straight until you are ready to brake....

Definitely a better idea to learn on a smaller bike. However for myself I am on a liter bike and its fine for me.

I am no top tier racer, just a canyon/street guy seeing how competitive I can be among the racers.

Senior Member Amateur
    Do you have to have 2 superstreet races in one season to get a licnense, or can it be one this season and one next season?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by jgixxer1
    Do you have to have 2 superstreet races in one season to get a licnense, or can it be one this season and one next season?
    Hi,

The answer to both of your questions, this one and the next one (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtop...=14889&start=0 ) can both be answered by contacting the New Rider Director - Jeff Brown and his contact info is seen here:
    http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact

or the screen name on the forum. Throttleroller277
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Junior Member Novice
    Hey all.

So I am all ready for my first superstreet event just got a one piece, and have my bike track rdy but my problem is that all of the registrations pages are not working? Can I just show up and race tomorrow or am I missing something?

Thumbs Up! Amateur
    Yes come to pueblo and register in person. Online registration closed on Monday. There is still spots available in the class! stop by my pit if you have any questions, im 934. See you tomorrow!
    Where the beer flows like wine and the women flock like the salmon of Capistrano, I'm talkin about a little place called... Asssspen!

MRA #934
    www.carbon-smith.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by richie-rich
    Hey all.

So I am all ready for my first superstreet event just got a one piece, and have my bike track rdy but my problem is that all of the registrations pages are not working? Can I just show up and race tomorrow or am I missing something?
    Did you go through racewurx? Cause that's how it's being done now, no more filled out forms.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Junior Member Novice
    Edited: Problem Solved.

Cant wait for #4!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234