Thread: Boot repair

Senior Member Expert

Boot repair

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had the soles replaced on their boots and where? I have a set of 2 Y/O Vertigos in great shape. I'd like to fix the sole towards the ball of my foot for backup boots... I can get the replacement sole pair for 20 bucks and wondered what all entails with the replacement...something I can do or not, and if not where to take it. I'd rather not spend all the shipping cost back and forth to SIDI unless they are willing to pay for it. I'd figure they wouldn't cover the costs after the boots being used for a full year and be considered normal wear. The sole actually broke through and started rubbing on the sock and skin at the end of Sunday...

Just wondering if any of you have done this in the past with SIDI....wish they were the Vortices and just screwed off for a new replacement. I have a couple of friends with A* where the adhesive started separating from the sole and they were able to get them replaced for a small cost as well through A*.

Thanks for any help or advice!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur ZiaThunder's Avatar
    You can go to Motonation and buy a replacement sole for them. I replaced the soles on mine twice last year. The first time I just took them to a shoe repair place, and the sole they put on held up for about 5 races, then I had it done again. As I remember, it cost me less then $40 each time. Much cheaper then a new set of boots.
    Sponsored by:
    PJ's Motorcycles, Amsoil, Woodcraft, Race Tech, Speedin' Motorsports, Soumy, MotionPro, & SIDI boots
    # 930
    www.diomederacing.com