Thread: Thank you instructors and feedback on your teaching

Senior Member Amateur

Thank you instructors and feedback on your teaching

A bit about teaching and a lot of thanks...

IF and MUM.

Identify and
    Facilitate the students needs...
    Motivational needs - Why is the student here from an emotional standpoint
    Understaning Needs - What does the student know, and need to know to grow
    Movement Needs - What does the student need to do to make the change.

This is the baseline for teaching phyical activity to a person. These needs must be addressed in order for a student to progress. No matter how you slice it up, how much you talk or demonstrate, what you try. If these aint met, they aint-a learnin.

Did you intstructors address these and alter our riding for the better? Absolutely. The instruction I recieved was spot-on. I felt that the instructors were able to identifiy my needs in all areas extremely accurately and facilitate the concepts and movements that I will need to make changes. Im not sure if you guys have had to take teaching and/or behavior modification lessons, but you teach professionally as well as you ride.

A person could be the best rider out there and really suck as a teacher, I was very happy to find that wasnt the case here, and thats a very pivotal thing for me. I most likely wouldnt have pursued track activity if I had a negative experience at this school.

Sometimes it may be particularly frustrating and disheartening for you as an instructor to keep looking back at your student thinking that they arent getting it, that it just isnt going to happen for them. Rest assured though, even though we may be wrestling with it, or not appear to be making any progress at all (or in my case be as dense as a garden brick) Your lessons were not in vain.
    For me personally I am hooked, and will be duely working on the items you were teaching. So if you stop and think about if for a minute, in the span of just one single day, you have changed someones lifetime for the better.

Hopefully knowing the thanks we give you for empowering us and seeing us out at the track, instead of becoming a statistic in a canyon somewhere will give you the motivation to continue teaching. It can be a seemingly thankless job at times; one that you have excelled at in my opinion as a nationally certified sports teacher of nine years.

Once again,

Thank you

Member Novice
    yes- thanks to all who helped out for our very successful novice race school weekend. I truly had a blast and look forward to getting started this year.
    S. Tally Lawing, MRA #314
    President- Ducati Motor Club
    2010 Class Sponsor- Modern Vintage GTO

Aprilia RS153
    Ducati Monza 160
    Ducati Paul Smart
    Honda NSF120R