Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to stay for HPR races

Senior Member Amateur

Places to stay for HPR races

New to MRA, I see it's close to Byers... Where are some decent places to stay, that aren't going to break the bank on the way to the track. I'm not opposed to anything in Denver, or on the way to the track. I come from southern Colorado, and not sure how camping out will work this early in the year. Don't really feel like freezing my balls of the day before the school. You guys have any suggestions?
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Amateur
    Another question.... Do they offer electricity to power warmers etc, or is a generator mandatory out there.
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Amateur
    also, what time does the gate close on Friday, I'm planning on camping at the track that night
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

I know there is power you can rent for the day, not sure about the price. Your other questions I don't have an answer ops:
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    Another question.... Do they offer electricity to power warmers etc, or is a generator mandatory out there.
    There is power poles but I think they are reserved pretty quick. At the Byers Exit there is a motel its not nice but the water is wet and the a\c work's I have stayed in a lot worse and alot better! The Koa camp one Exit north is cool has pool showers and small cabins. I stay at the track every round 1\2 the time in my trailer other 1\2 in my motorhome even on the cold nights the trailer was not bad.The gates were open all night there is a lot of racers that camp at the track!!!

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by snay
    There is power poles but I think they are reserved pretty quick. At the Byers Exit there is a motel its not nice but the water is wet and the a\c work's I have stayed in a lot worse and alot better! The Koa camp one Exit north is cool has pool showers and small cabins. I stay at the track every round 1\2 the time in my trailer other 1\2 in my motorhome even on the cold nights the trailer was not bad.The gates were open all night there is a lot of racers that camp at the track!!!
    Will you be there this coming weekend? And anyone know if the track has working restrooms/shower?
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Expert
    at the end of last season there were porta potties...thats it... and foot pump hand washers....I know they have a race fuel station now and maybe some other stuff since last August

Glenn is the man to ask about electricity out there...there are hookups...just not sure if there are open for rent at the school(I'm sure they are).... plenty of genies out there... I'' be there the 11th with enuff power for 10 sets of warmers...more than welcome to run a cord to yours

You can crash right outside the gates parked in line...always did this on thursday night before the race weekend. Hotels and campground have already been answered...they are about 20-25 mins from the track...the track is out in the middle of the plains with the closest station 20 miles away.

I put money on it that race weekends are now Byers biggest money making event in town in the last 30 years Its a small town out there....

Also... swing by Country Burger on your way home and eat a Monster burger so you go into a sleep coma when you get home

BTW Snay's rig is a fricking bus...way sick rig

:shock: :P
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    So are the gates open in the evening, or locked? Anyone in the "know"
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Amateur
    No shower's the gates are open but are maned all the time 24-7 so your\are stuff is safe well as safe as can be when I would stay in my trailer we would hit the Koa camp pool and shower and I don't know if I can make it work will tell the snow we are having is putting me to far behind on some jobs will see what I can do!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    I'm pretty sure HPR will have them open all night with a security guy at the gate. There are some answers or hints to your other questions on the HPR newsletter as well as some contact info.

http://highplainsraceway.com/news/HP...ing-021810.pdf

Senior Member Amateur
    thanks guys... anyone know what KOA charges for a shower?
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Amateur
    thanks guys... anyone know what KOA charges for a shower?
    The Koa camp manager was cool he let my rat pack swim and shower free but we sent a 6 yr old girl to ask so i dont think he could say no!! we did offer some $$ he it was cool

Senior Member Amateur
    Nice.... sorry for all the questions guys, I appreciate the responses. The RV power hookups, 30amp stuff... what type of a plug would I need to run from it to my trailer. (typical 3 prong household style, or 3 prong twist like some 220v hookups)

And will it power warmers during the day... thanks
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Expert
    The RV power poles will run your tire warmers, we rented them last year for $35/day $60/weekend. Here is the HPR website RV power spot rental info...

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/rv-reservations.html

..the power poles themselves are deep into the gravel parking spot for the RVs, I recommend you bring a long 3-plug extension cord so you can reach your bike and warmers out on the asphalt pit lane.

The Longhorn Motel in Byers is older but clean and neat, and less than 15 minutes from the track. They only charge $50something a nite, their phone number is 303-822-5205. They're located right next to the Byers General Store, a nice small grocery with good selection of food drinks and ice for coolers.

See you at the track!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

I'm pretty sure the gates will be locked Friday evening and NO camping will be allowed. I think the gates open up on Saturday morning at 7:30.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    The MRA is paying for gate staff to allow the gates to be open both Friday and Saturday nights.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    The MRA is paying for gate staff to allow the gates to be open both Friday and Saturday nights.

Thanks Glenn... I did not realize that!!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    does this apply for the school this weekend, or the race weekends only?

Thanks!

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    THIS weekend specifically.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    In this case, I am kicking around driving out friday night after the classroom session and camping out friday night as well...anybody else entertaining the same idea?

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    In this case, I am kicking around driving out friday night after the classroom session and camping out friday night as well...anybody else entertaining the same idea?
    +1 I'll already be at the track Friday, so if there are others attending the school, lets carpool.
    #724 MRA

Senior Member Amateur
    I am still kicking around a friday lapping day...I have ALOT to get done before then...bike-wise and life-wise
    Dave

Senior Member Expert
    I'll be out there friday night too...round 8 or 9 hopefully if all goes well...who is bringing the beer?
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    I'll be out there friday night too...round 8 or 9 hopefully if all goes well...who is bringing the beer?
    :lol: 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    any requests?
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast