Thread: Ear Plugs.

Senior Member Amateur

Ear Plugs.

Hello everyone. I am wondering what you Corner Marshals wear to protect your ears? I am wondering if there is something that will protect my hearing but also allow me to listen to the races on the FM radio station. Is there such a thing?

Thank you
    Jim Browning
    Rocky Mtn Photos
    Rockymtnphotos.com
    Jim Browning
    RMP Photos

Senior Member Expert

Re: Ear Plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrowning
    Hello everyone. I am wondering what you Corner Marshals wear to protect your ears? I am wondering if there is something that will protect my hearing but also allow me to listen to the races on the FM radio station. Is there such a thing?

Thank you
    Jim Browning
    Rocky Mtn Photos
    Rockymtnphotos.com
    I have not found nor heard from others that the noise trackside is excessive. The CW do not wear hearing protection per se but some do wear headsets to better hear the CW radio traffic.
    That broadcast is different from the race commentary, which is heard in the pits. It is both over the P.A. system and has an FM broadcast.

As to your question about ear pieces. At work we use an earpiece that allows us to hear the radio yet protects us from excessive noise. The are from a company out of Boulder called E.A.R. They make custom molded ear pieces and off the rack fits for every application you can think of... hope that helps
    Timmay! Young #46
    Track Marshal 2006, 2007, 2009, & 2010
    Rider Representative 2004 & 2005
    MV GTU Season Champion 2003
    Racing to mediocrity 1997-well, now...

Senior Member Amateur

Re: Ear Plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowning

Thank you
    Jim Browning
    Rocky Mtn Photos
    Rockymtnphotos.com
    I have not found nor heard from others that the noise trackside is excessive. The CW do not wear hearing protection per se but some do wear headsets to better hear the CW radio traffic.
    That broadcast is different from the race commentary, which is heard in the pits. It is both over the P.A. system and has an FM broadcast.

As to your question about ear pieces. At work we use an earpiece that allows us to hear the radio yet protects us from excessive noise. The are from a company out of Boulder called E.A.R. They make custom molded ear pieces and off the rack fits for every application you can think of... hope that helps
    Hi Timmay, thanks for the rely. That is what I saw some folks were wearing was the headsets. Sorry my bad.

Where would I find these off the rack ones you are talking about? Are these the earpiece and radio both or just plain earpiece?

Thank you
    Jim Browning
    Jim Browning
    RMP Photos