Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School weekend weather.

Senior Member Amateur

School weekend weather.

So has anyone been keeping track of the weather for the race school weekend. 66 degrees and sunny for Saturday so far. Of course this could change a dozen times by the time next weekend comes around.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...enday/USCO0050

Jim
    Jim Browning
    RMP Photos

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Well dammit! I specifically ordered 72 and sunny BOTH days... sheesh! :lol:

I "guess" 66 and sunny is close enough...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    F...en snow we got 6in overnight and it is still dumping this sucks its on its way!!!!

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Well dammit! I specifically ordered 72 and sunny BOTH days... sheesh! :lol:
    Geesh, don't tell me your going to cancel just because the weather isn't what you asked for. :lol:

Jim
    Jim Browning
    RMP Photos

Member Amateur
    MRA #100
    http://viets-performance.com/
    Big Dog Wraps
    Pirelli / Ohlins / ChickenHawk / XT Racing

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    http://www.dryday.com/30dayWeather/US/Colorado/Byers.html

Plan for the worst.
    Thanks for the optimism. :roll: Hopefully everyone else relies more on the weather.com and accuweather.com forecasts and shows up for the open track days that weekend. It will be the only opportunity for weekend practice prior to the first race!
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    http://www.dryday.com/30dayWeather/US/Colorado/Byers.html

Plan for the worst.
    Thanks for the optimism. :roll: Hopefully everyone else relies more on the weather.com and accuweather.com forecasts and shows up for the open track days that weekend. It will be the only opportunity for weekend practice prior to the first race!
    I wasn't trying to discourage anyone. Just saying - this time of the year in CO, be prepared
    MRA #100
    http://viets-performance.com/
    Big Dog Wraps
    Pirelli / Ohlins / ChickenHawk / XT Racing

Senior Member Expert
    There's plenty of fine practice and race weather unfortunately I wouldn't bet it's in CO at this time of year. To those who may be more adventurous the CMRA in TX, The CCS in AZ and USBA all have rounds coming up which are prior to the MRA's first round in May. I find that early season racing always helps tune up the muscles that help guild one around the track. So look at a map and know that the worlds not all flat and doesn't end at the state line. Get some buds together and lets' go racing!

Friendly reminder that the MRA (your club, the one you are a shareholder of, the one you rely upon for quality racing in Colorado every year) is on the hook for the track rental, ambulance, insurance, etc, etc, etc... to the tune of over $15,000 for the school weekend - regardless of what the weather does.

So for every one of you who doesn't come out to practice, or chooses to ride/race elsewhere, the club goes in the hole $150 per person.

So, if it's even half-way decent out and you want to get some seat time - why not come on out and support YOUR club, at YOUR track, in YOUR home state.

It's the right thing to do...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    What is everybody tripping about? I just looked at Weather.com 10 forcast and Saturday is showing 66 and sunny. At least the 10 day is starting off on a good note.

Quote Originally Posted by nwatkins176
    What is everybody tripping about? I just looked at Weather.com 10 forcast and Saturday is showing 66 and sunny. At least the 10 day is starting off on a good note.
    That's what I'm sayin....
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

On the 21st of March it was in the mid 50's and sunny and was great! 66 and sunny! Awesome! I am there!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur
    wish i could be there but i'll be on a flight to europe. shit, i need some practice too!

i'm sure the weather will be better than last year.. rain and sleet...
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Amateur
    From what I remember it was crazy cold when I did my race school in 08'.

I could be wrong, but I think Casey told me it was snowing at the school in 07'.

You guys need to sack up and get out there!

I'm out of town, otherwise I'd be out @ the track for some practice.

Good luck everyone. Don't crash in the mock race or you fail! Or at least get a D-.

I crashed, I got a D. Ok, a D- because it was on the warm up lap. Don't be like me, it'll tripple the price of your school weekend.
    carl
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Amateur
    Ya it is looking much better than last year's rain/hail/sleet and 50 mph winds.. so that's a plus, at least for the class. Sounds to me like a lot of ppl are going for at least one of the open practice days so I think the turn out will be pretty good. As for me, I'll prob be there Sat. See ya then
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mob
    From what I remember it was crazy cold when I did my race school in 08'.

I could be wrong, but I think Casey told me it was snowing at the school in 07'.

You guys need to sack up and get out there!

I'm out of town, otherwise I'd be out @ the track for some practice.

Good luck everyone. Don't crash in the mock race or you fail! Or at least get a D-.
    +1 - it snowed on my school day back in '01. I thought it snowed or rained every school day...

Senior Member Expert
    Seriously, was not trying to talk everyone from abandoning the ship here nor causing a massive aversion towards racing with our home club. I was just making some, who may not realize that there are races in neighboring states to warm up with. I will be here for all rounds of racing with the MRA and continue to do my part, but if some can afford to, why not do a race elsewhere. Hell, I remember back in 97 you Tony, passing us (Jim Brewer, Dan Morgan and I) at a high rate of speed in the middle of the night as you sped towards Road America in Wisconsin while we headed toward Brainerd, MN. I believe we all had a great time but are still present and continue to love our home here in Colorado as well our club. The stories that you can tell the grand kids are priceless! Imagine being almost carried away by a mosquito in the middle of the night while trying to camp!
    So if I seem as I was down and discounting the value of actually having racing here and maybe seeming to say there's better racing elsewhere, I apologize. Maybe since the club needs the revenue I was being a bit insensitive, but I, from seeing the new enthusiasm, was under the impression that we'll more than likely make it through yet another season and I'm pretty sure the club will survive.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Hell, I remember back in 97 you Tony, passing us (Jim Brewer, Dan Morgan and I) at a high rate of speed in the middle of the night as you sped towards Road America in Wisconsin while we headed toward Brainerd, MN.
    Hey, Jon! Thanks for bringing back that memory - that trip was a blast. Never before had I see mosquitos flocking together in a pit garage or had to pass a sound level tech inspection.

Back on topic - definitely it's important to support *our* local club, but it's also good to make the MRA known to other clubs for those of us who can travel to other races. I usually I try to talk up the MRA when I've been to AFM or ASRA/CCS races with people pitted near me. With HPR in it's second year, I'm pretty sure there's enough curiousity from neighborhood clubs that we might be able to get some of them to come to our races.

Morning fellas. Understand that I am as big a proponent of racing outside the club as anyone. Wish I had the time and money to do it more, it's a blast!

My sensitivity around this, right now specifically, is that "if the weather is decent we SHOULD ride at the MRA practice day as our first priority."

As a club, we started the season completely broke. NO money. We've already taken a loan of nearly $5,000 and if we lose our butts at the school/practice weekend that amount could double or more...

Starting the season broke, and holding debt of $10,000 to $15,000 before even getting to the first race weekend would be a pretty tough hole to climb out of.

Indeed there's lots of enthusiasm "in chatter and on the forums", but we have fewer than 20 students signed up, and only about half a dozen riders have actually PAID for the practice days yet. Additionally we've had less than HALF of the membership renew their licenses from last year.

So based on our current financials, and "confirmed" participation, I wouldn't be under the impression at all that we'll "automatically" make it thru another season... We need the committment and participation from our entire membership at every event possible - including practice.

The MRA only exists if the members show up. Right now they're not showing up. :?
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

That said, the current 10 day forecast is calling for 71 and sunny BOTH days!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    That said, the current 10 day forecast is calling for 71 and sunny BOTH days!
    even if it was 50 degrees and raining I would be there. I need as much wet seat time as possible.
    but 70s will do : P

Member Amateur
    I'm with Cromer.
    #724 MRA

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodrew
    I'm with Cromer.
    if your fast enough, I would call tammy and see if you can get a set of rains in time (if the weather does turn to shit that is)
    if not, bringing a set of rains wards off the rain gods.

Member Amateur
    I picked up a used pair of rains a week ago. Only 7 laps on them, but they are Bridgy's. :-/ Dont hate me. They were cheap.
    #724 MRA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast