Morning fellas. Understand that I am as big a proponent of racing outside the club as anyone. Wish I had the time and money to do it more, it's a blast!

My sensitivity around this, right now specifically, is that "if the weather is decent we SHOULD ride at the MRA practice day as our first priority."

As a club, we started the season completely broke. NO money. We've already taken a loan of nearly $5,000 and if we lose our butts at the school/practice weekend that amount could double or more...

Starting the season broke, and holding debt of $10,000 to $15,000 before even getting to the first race weekend would be a pretty tough hole to climb out of.

Indeed there's lots of enthusiasm "in chatter and on the forums", but we have fewer than 20 students signed up, and only about half a dozen riders have actually PAID for the practice days yet. Additionally we've had less than HALF of the membership renew their licenses from last year.

So based on our current financials, and "confirmed" participation, I wouldn't be under the impression at all that we'll "automatically" make it thru another season... We need the committment and participation from our entire membership at every event possible - including practice.

The MRA only exists if the members show up. Right now they're not showing up. :?