Thread: Pit Bulls "new stand" for Ducati

Member Amateur

Pit Bulls "new stand" for Ducati

Does anyone have a pic of what this really is for the front of an S/R. The standard 749 used a pin, but now that I only have the S, and reluctant to pay the extra $150 i was quoted, I was wondering if anyone could give me an insight to the way the stand is built.

thanks
    Scotty M

Senior Member Expert
    It uses a claw type mechanism that supports the bottom clam by grabbing it from behind and beneath it. If interested I actually have one of these for a Pitbull stand that I used on my 1098 S. It just attaches to the standard Pitbull stand using R clips. Go on Pitbulls website I'm pretty sure they have a picture of it and if your interested in buying this attachment I'd be glad to sell mine as I never really used it.

Member Amateur
    hmmm... maybe i might just.... :wink: how much?? ive been all over the web and cant seem to find a pic., Ive spent a lot of time trying to think of a good way to build one but have yet to really figure it out so that I get both full movement of the forks and a sturdy hold.

thanks jon for the reply
    S

Senior Member Expert
    I'm not sure if it allows full movement nor why you would need it? It does what it says that being lift the bike by the triple tree opposed to under the fork bottoms and allows you to lower/ raise or remove the forks for servicing. If you need to move them side to side you'll have to look into getting a different stand (maybe lift by the frame?) or different triple trees. Let me know

Member Amateur
    well not sure how it sits when "properly" lifted but when I just lifted the bike bike whithout any attachment, (stem and headlight bucket ops: ) I had to move the forks from one side to the other in order to get the axle out of the front. There is the possibility of lifting without needing the rotation I guess if the stand is out of the way of axle removal. maybe its like the special rear cuz of the same problem.. i dunno

Member Amateur
    well... after thinking a sec. you have to be able to pull the wheel in order to pull the forks. If pit bull were cool they would have just created a special part to fit into the pin-hole in order to address this instead of forcing a whole new front to the fork lift. Oh well again I must ask how much your thinking for your stand as the class in two weeks and the bike currently is in pcs.. Every year I do it... wait till the last minute to deal with things :roll:

Senior Member Expert
    You'll probably want to take a look at it and make sure it works like you'd like but it does allow you to remove the front axle with no problem as well as the forks. I live in Boulder and the part is in perfect condition with no scratches or blemishes at all. It's always been in a heated shop. I can take pictures if you'd like but really not sure I'd see the point. Maybe just bring a bike and I can show you how it works.
    Either way $50 it's yours

Member Amateur
    sold! Ill pm you my info. gonnna get tires mon @ Tfog iin Golden in the afternoon so maybe I can head up that way right after. Thanks Jon! I guess Ill put the welder and grinder away for now :lol:

S