Thread: I'm baaack!!

Senior Member Expert

I'm baaack!!

Crikey!

Well after 17 months of getting intimate with a concrete wall, dying a couple of times, recovery, rehab, trips around the world, coming back to Colorado for a bit, going to the ‘Land of Brown’ to sort things out, I am back, home. I have had so much incredible support from some amazing friends over the past 17 months, but a few people in particular helped me find a direction, and more importantly helped me regain my confidence

While Arizona was good for me, it is too damn brown. Everything is brown, the houses, the cars, the old people who see too much sun, everything. It may rain now and again, but I hate to tell them it isn’t green, it’s just brown-ish. I grew up on a farm in the south Pacific and I need a change of season. I start next week at Fay Myers Motorcycle World as a mechanic which is a long time coming. I have known Jason White the GM, for over 8 years now, he has become a good friend and ended up becoming my main sponsor while I was racing. We have been talking about me working for him for 6 years off and on, but since I lived up north in Wyoming (as Segren and Shannon used to say ) it just wasn’t going to happen. Everything changes and we are making it happen.

For me Colorado is home, the motorcycling community here and in particular the MRA is a big part of what makes Colorado so great. I have already had a few people ask me about building their motors or doing a simple refresh on their bikes. I have a loft in LoDo and don’t have a garage on purpose. In 08 I was so busy with working 4-5 days a week at RMK, racing, my dyno business and engine work I forgot to actually enjoy life and I won’t let that happen again

Somehow I ended up getting a work space right next to the dyno at Fay Myers…..hmmm I wonder how that happened :wink: I don’t start until next week but I will sit down with my service manager and talk with him about pricing for engine builds, tuning etc. Remember, in this world you get what you pay for. Everyone knows either how fast my bikes were, or the bikes I built for people were, but they were also very reliable. I never tried to get the last couple of horsepower out of the engine to sacrifice reliability, we are club racing and there is some much more to gain by getting your bike set up properly, or working on the mental side of racing, always have a plan :wink:

As well as being strong, after I tuned the bikes they were very easy to ride which is the key to going fast. I have ridden bikes where the power is like a light switch and they are really hard to go fast on. Doug Kahl bought my big bore engine and once I had tuned it, he said he was surprised with how easy it was to ride fast. He said it felt like his other engine except the corners came up REALLY fast.

Anyway, so yeah I am back. If you want any motor work or dyno tuning done, give me a week to get settled and then contact Fay Myers.

Game on!
    Aaron

Senior Member Expert
    welcome back aaron!
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Expert
    Thats the best news I've heard in a while

Welcome back Clarkie!!!
    Casey D

glenngsxr
    Sweet. Welcome back Clarkie! I work right around the corner from Fay Myers. Does this mean I can come annoy you while you wrench?

Member Amateur
    Uh oh! When ya got time to fit in a if-it-doesn't-sell-it's-getting-a-clarkie-bad-ass-rebuild Mille? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Bienvenidos Clarkie!
    '07 APRILIA RSVR
    '07 HONDA
    KomodoGear
    RhinoMoto
    Galfer

Senior Member Amateur
    Fanfreakintastic news Clarkie!!!!! Glad your back.
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    God have mercy on us all.... the Kiwi has returned!

Welcome back King Clarkie!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Woot!! Clarkie's back! \/
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    Welcome back my friend. I look forward to seeing you plenty this season!

Member Amateur
    This is excellent news! I've been meaning to get the Aprilia up there for a while. Now that a reliable Kiwi/Aprilia/MRA guy is there I won't have an excuse not to! Welcome back to Colorado Clarkie.

Senior Member Expert
    Looking forward to seeing the RSV4 on the grid. With the results in world superbike it certainly seems to be on the pace and with your magic Aaron I'm sure it'll be up front.

Senior Member Expert
    Great news for you and all that have missed you. Welcome home!
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Amateur
    I have never had the pleasure of meeting but reading all about your recovery shows me anything is possible. Everyday I got to rehab, I know I will return to racing again soon. Glad to have you back and hope to see you around the track(when I get there to watch).
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../elviscopy.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lvis8310d1.jpg
    MRA #831
    Out for the 2010 Season due to Lower Lumbar fusal surgery, got to love the Army!!!!
    Thanks to our 2010 Sponsors:
    Vortex, PSR, Race Tech, GoPro, Amsoil, Moto master(now I just need to heal so I can race again)

Senior Member Expert
    WB holmes!

Member Amateur
    GOOD TO HEAR YOUR BACK CLARKIE!!

RICK GROSSE #20

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Oh man, the Kiwi's back in business. That's awesome!

For those of you not of the Aprilia ilk, Clarkie is a stinkin' legend amongst the Ape crowd. Just a little sample of why

http://corampublishing.com/aprilia_clarkie_motorcycle
    http://www.ema-usa.com/bow/tuono.shtml

So, Clarkie, have you told the aprilia forum that you're back??

Senior Member Expert
    LOL we had a visit by an Aprilia Factory guy to watch one of the guys do an RSV4 engine swap, when I went out test riding non-Aprilia's I was wearing one of my two Aprilia riding jackets I had hanging up. He keep looking, and wondering

This bike was badass and built for a friend of mine, no expense spared 8) They even got former AMA 250GP champ Chuck Sorenson to ride it against a $260,000 Ferrari with Tommy Kendall driving it. Chuckie got no track time on a new bike and lapped faster, he is a legend!

http://www.superstreetbike.com/featu...v_r/index.html

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    Chuckie got no track time on a new bike and lapped faster, he is a legend!
    And a former AFM 450 production competitor. Tony and I raced against him in the late 1980's @ Sears Point. .. I should say raced *behind* him. . :roll:

Member Novice
    I gotta 2009 RS125GPFP. when you get up to speed, will sent it your way!
    S. Tally Lawing, MRA #314
    President- Ducati Motor Club
    2010 Class Sponsor- Modern Vintage GTO

Aprilia RS153
    Ducati Monza 160
    Ducati Paul Smart
    Honda NSF120R

Senior Member Amateur
    my kids thought you looked pretty damn good on Sunday for a guy who'd died and come back to life! :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    LOL I hear that a lot

But I only died twice, 3 times is bad, isnt it?

Senior Member Expert
    Aaron,

I've never met you but always heard so much from both the Aprilia forum and friends in the MRA. Regardless, it is very good to hear such news. Glad you are getting back into a 'norm' per say.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks Kevin, but what is normal anyway