Crikey!

Well after 17 months of getting intimate with a concrete wall, dying a couple of times, recovery, rehab, trips around the world, coming back to Colorado for a bit, going to the ‘Land of Brown’ to sort things out, I am back, home. I have had so much incredible support from some amazing friends over the past 17 months, but a few people in particular helped me find a direction, and more importantly helped me regain my confidence

While Arizona was good for me, it is too damn brown. Everything is brown, the houses, the cars, the old people who see too much sun, everything. It may rain now and again, but I hate to tell them it isn’t green, it’s just brown-ish. I grew up on a farm in the south Pacific and I need a change of season. I start next week at Fay Myers Motorcycle World as a mechanic which is a long time coming. I have known Jason White the GM, for over 8 years now, he has become a good friend and ended up becoming my main sponsor while I was racing. We have been talking about me working for him for 6 years off and on, but since I lived up north in Wyoming (as Segren and Shannon used to say ) it just wasn’t going to happen. Everything changes and we are making it happen.

For me Colorado is home, the motorcycling community here and in particular the MRA is a big part of what makes Colorado so great. I have already had a few people ask me about building their motors or doing a simple refresh on their bikes. I have a loft in LoDo and don’t have a garage on purpose. In 08 I was so busy with working 4-5 days a week at RMK, racing, my dyno business and engine work I forgot to actually enjoy life and I won’t let that happen again

Somehow I ended up getting a work space right next to the dyno at Fay Myers…..hmmm I wonder how that happened :wink: I don’t start until next week but I will sit down with my service manager and talk with him about pricing for engine builds, tuning etc. Remember, in this world you get what you pay for. Everyone knows either how fast my bikes were, or the bikes I built for people were, but they were also very reliable. I never tried to get the last couple of horsepower out of the engine to sacrifice reliability, we are club racing and there is some much more to gain by getting your bike set up properly, or working on the mental side of racing, always have a plan :wink:

As well as being strong, after I tuned the bikes they were very easy to ride which is the key to going fast. I have ridden bikes where the power is like a light switch and they are really hard to go fast on. Doug Kahl bought my big bore engine and once I had tuned it, he said he was surprised with how easy it was to ride fast. He said it felt like his other engine except the corners came up REALLY fast.

Anyway, so yeah I am back. If you want any motor work or dyno tuning done, give me a week to get settled and then contact Fay Myers.

Game on!
Aaron