Thread: MRA Display @ Denver Auto Show 4/7-11, Need Volunteers

President Expert

MRA Display @ Denver Auto Show 4/7-11, Need Volunteers

The MRA will have display at the Denver Auto Show on Wed April 7th through Sunday April 11th at the Colorado Convention Center in Downtown Denver - http://www.paragonexpo.com/399.html?flash=1.
    We are requesting volunteers, both experts and novices, to man the booth these 5 days. This will involve interaction with Denver Auto Show attendees which includes speaking about the MRA, offering our flyer's to potential new racers and spectators, and adding them to our mailing list with our Stay in Touch forms.
    We started scheduling people at the monthly general meeting last Wednesday. We still have open time slots that need to be filled and would prefer 6 hours shifts but at a minimum 4 hours. Novices, this will count towards your novice hours. We plan to pair up novices with experts when possible.
    I have listed below everyone that is currently scheduled. I did receive the names of some at the meeting that would like to volunteer but did not provide what hours. If you can volunteer for this event, please respond to this post with what day and hours you are available and you will be added to the schedule.

Wednesday 4/7, Hours 5-9pm, FULL
    Tony Baker 5-9pm
    Ray-Ray 5-9pm
    Aaron Allina 5-9pm

Thursday 4/8, Hours 5-9pm, FULL
    Casey Dragos 5-9pm
    Jim Wilson 5-9pm
    Drew Henderson 5-9pm

Friday 4/9, Hours 12-10pm, FULL
    David Mobley 12-6pm
    Ricky Orlando 12-4pm
    Rod Mattison 6-10pm
    Peter Tabor 6-10pm

Saturday 4/10, Hours 10am-10pm, FULL
    Scott Monchunski 10am-2pm
    William Bickel III 10am-2pm
    Marty Spencer 12pm-4pm
    Samantha Coleman 4-10pm
    Erik Peat 6-10pm

Sunday 4/11, Hours 10am-6pm, FULL
    James Turner 10am-2pm
    David Peyton 10am-4pm
    Sam Roberts 2-6pm
    Mike @ Jackie Bachman 12-6pm
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    I can do the 5-9 on the 7th.

Aaron Allina
    MRA 222

Senior Member Amateur

Please confirm, otherwise I will assume we're already fully staffed on that date.

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Mania

Please confirm, otherwise I will assume we're already fully staffed on that date.
    The 7th is fully staffed. We still have plenty of openings on the 9th,10th and 11th.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Just confirming Friday 4/9 12-6pm.

What's the plan for getting in? Will there be passes waiting at check in with our names?

Also, I'm assuming the Smrz bike won't be there. Will there be any pretty bikes on display to draw people in? Some shiny red Duc's always do the trick!

Looking forward to it -

David Mobley - # 78

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mob
    Just confirming Friday 4/9 12-6pm.

What's the plan for getting in? Will there be passes waiting at check in with our names?

Also, I'm assuming the Smrz bike won't be there. Will there be any pretty bikes on display to draw people in? Some shiny red Duc's always do the trick!

Looking forward to it -

David Mobley - # 78
    I have you down for Friday 12-6pm. I will need to provide a finalized list of workers to them prior to the event and you will need to sign in when you get there.
    Why are you assuming the Smrz bike won't be there? :wink:
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    I can do Sunday (4/11) from 1 to 6.
    My wife, Jackie (corner worker), wants to work it with me, so we'd need credentials for her, too, if possible.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Jim, I had to bail for the 8th... sorry, family stuff.

Updated the post to show one open slot.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    I'll take Thursday 5-9pm
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Hi all, the booth space has been cut back for us at the Denver Auto Show so we're not going to use tables to display our flyers and contact forms this time.

Does anyone have a floor stand brochure stand we could use for this show? Or a small podium type table to put flyers on? Post up here if you do, thanks!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Anyone else who can help on Friday Saturday or Sunday? We'd like to turn in our list of workers by this Friday March 26th.

All workers get in free to the Denver Auto Show, you just have to pay your own parking. Even easier would be to take light rail in for $2, it stops at the convention center!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Amateur
    Is there any further instruction we need such as which entrance to use or the location of the booth?

I've only been in the convention center once and that was for the GABF, so naturally, I don't remember much.
    #724 MRA

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodrew
    Is there any further instruction we need such as which entrance to use or the location of the booth?

I've only been in the convention center once and that was for the GABF, so naturally, I don't remember much.
    I will be sending an email out to all the volunteers this evening with instructions.
    MRA #29

President Expert
    I just sent an email out to all the volunteers for the auto show this week. Please let me know if you did not receive it.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Just finished setting up the MRA display for the Denver Auto Show and it looks awesome! Thanks to Jim Wilson for all his work on this huge event, it's been a massive effort to coordinate so many people and vehicles but the MRA is about to reap the rewards over the next 5 days of show.

I think our volunteers will be impressed with how much information we have to provide to guests. Our display area is more generous than expected and there's lots of room to walk around the bikes and race cars. Conveniently, BMW has a big display of motorcycles next to us.

Can't wait to hear about the turn out over the next 5 days at the Denver Auto Show!!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Had a good turnout last night, several people filled out contact cards and couple actually asked "how can I get into racing?" which was pretty cool!

Booth looks great, think it will be a good interest generator for the MRA!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

President Expert
    Big thanks to everyone that volunteered to work the MRA display this past week! Alot of flyers were handed out and we received a large number of contact forms from the auto show visitors. All of you definately made it a success!
    MRA #29