Thread: Volunteers Needed! Feed needy families@Invesco Field May 12

President Expert

Volunteers Needed! Feed needy families@Invesco Field May 12

ABATE Colorado is reaching out to the motorcycling community for volunteers to help feed needy families at Invesco Field on Wednesday May 12th. There will be 8 tractor trailers full of food that will need to be unloaded that day. Local media will be present covering the event.

If you would like to volunteer, reply to this post and I will get a list going. Or you can contact ABATE directly at their contact information below.

1. Jim
    2. Jon Glaefke
    3. Wyeth
    4. Boots
    5. Bartman
    6. Ian

<iframe src="http://uglydogracing.com/images/AFAFlier.pdf" width="1000" height="1100" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Jim,
    It's the least I can do to be there that day. So count me in. Thanks for all you do!
    Jon G

President Expert
    bump
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Jim I want to volunteer for this too, put me on the list thanks!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Novice

Invesco May 12

Count me in
    Yea Ole Chaplain
    Enjoy life fully, have no regrets. One day at a time.
    Send all mail to CBPR842@q.com or call 720-238-1539
    Thanks for 25 wonderful years of memories.. ♥

Senior Member Expert
    Jimmy count me and Ian for the Faster contingent. We may not be able to do a whole day as it is on a wednesday but it is just up the street so we can pull off some time for sure.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    Jimmy count me and Ian for the Faster contingent. We may not be able to do a whole day as it is on a wednesday but it is just up the street so we can pull off some time for sure.
    sweet!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

President Expert
    Thanks to those of you who have volunteered. Still looking for more if you can help out.
    MRA #29

President Expert
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    MEDIA CONTACT:
    Rebecca Gass, Public Relations
    Office: 405-949-5140 Cell: 405-203-6038
    Rebecca.gass@feedthechildren.org

FEED THE CHILDREN CARAVAN TO HELP 3,200 DENVER FAMILIES
    ABATE of Colorado and Feed The Children providing food and personal care items at Invesco Field at Mile High on Wednesday, May 12

Denver, CO (April 7, 2010) – Feed The Children will bring 8 semi tractor-trailers full of food and personal care items to help 3,200 Denver families on Wednesday, May 12. The distribution will begin at noon, Invesco Field at Mile High (1701 Mile High Stadium Circle).

The distribution is the latest stop on Feed The Children’s Americans Feeding Americans Caravan, which has helped more than 60,000 families across the country in cities that have been affected by the nation’s economic downturn. Feed The Children is planning similar distributions in more than 20 major American cities this year.

Feed The Children partner agency ABATE of Colorado has pre-identified the 3,200 recipient families. Each family will receive a 25-pound box of food, a 10-pound box of personal care items and a box of Avon products. The boxes are designed to help a family for up to one week. The families are being pre-qualified and must have a voucher to receive food. ABATE of Colorado (A Brotherhood Active Toward Education) is the largest motorcyclist rights and motorcycle training organization in Colorado. ABATE will be partnering with the Colorado Department of Transportation, America’s Guardians, the Colorado Sportbike Club, Motorcycle Roadracing Association, Star Touring, United Dirtbike School, and many other motorcyclists in this endeavor.

"We are so thankful for the teamwork provided by ABATE of Colorado to help make this distribution possible in Denver,” said Tony Sellars, spokesperson for Feed The Children. "Our Americans Feeding Americans project is geared toward people who are affected by the economic downturn, including those who may have recently considered themselves middle class. A lot of these people for the first time in their lives have not been able to provide for their families. We hope people will continue to help us put more trucks on the road to help fellow Americans who are in need.”

About Feed The Children
    Founded in 1979, Feed The Children is consistently ranked as one of the 10 largest international charities in the U.S., based on private, non-government support. Feed The Children is a Christian, international, nonprofit relief organization with headquarters in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, that delivers food, medicine, clothing and other necessities to individuals, children and families who lack these essentials due to famine, war, poverty or natural disasters. In FY 2008, Feed The Children distributed more than 133 million pounds of food and other essentials to children and their families in all 50 states and internationally, supplementing more than 760,000 meals each day. Since its founding, the organization has reached out to help those in need in 119 countries around the globe. For more information, please visit www.feedthechildren.org
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    I'm in for this event as it's in my calender and I will be there, won't you all join us?

Senior Member Amateur
    Please add me to the list. Looking forward to it!
    Tom
    MRA #416

President Expert
    Just over a week away. Still looking for volunteers.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm afraid I have to remove myself and that sucks. I'm flying to DC Tu-Fri next week. Sorry about bailing.
    Tom
    MRA #416

President Expert
    We will do food distribution in parking lot G (west side of Invesco). If you are on your bike, you can park in G. Cars need to park in parking lot F. Several of us have to be there at 9, but we are asking most to be there at 11:00. Distribution starts at noon. Thanks for the help!!
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Jim,
    I'm bringing my stepson to help and we'll see you all at 11 today in parking lot G. I assume this is still on regardless of the weather?

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Jim,
    I'm bringing my stepson to help and we'll see you all at 11 today in parking lot G. I assume this is still on regardless of the weather?
    Yes its still on.
    MRA #29

President Expert

MRA #29