Thread: Road America anyone?

Senior Member Expert

Road America anyone?

Anyone out there interested in heading to Road America for either the CCS or AHRMA races?

Senior Member Expert
    Alrighty then so much for going to Road America, just looking to share some costs. You guys should really check out a you tube video because it like Daytona is just one of those tracks you gotta run before you die.

Senior Member Expert
    Jon - your post interested me enough to have a look at the AHRMA schedule - looks like Road America conflicts with our 3rd Round @ date @ HPR, so I'm not available for that one (I've ridden Road America once and would love to return)

My interest is piqued in trying out Labor Day weekend at Miller if time/funds allow however.

If I'm reading things right - an SV650 looks viable in BOT F2 and BOT F3... does that sound right? And their schedule looks like they run 2 rounds in one weekend - i.e. Sunday is a mirror of Saturday's races?

Senior Member Expert
    That's correct the SV is actually the most common bike in F 2 and 3

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Jonny, I'm thinking about going for the ASRA/CCS Festival of Speed .. coming up over July 4th weekend. It doesn't conflict with any of our races and it seems NESBA is doing 2 days beforehand. That would be 5 days total of tracktime! Better start saving up for tires.

Senior Member Expert
    Sounds like a blast. The Pierobon doesn't use anything in regards to tires so I should be good there.
    Are you really about going as I would love to maybe hitch a ride....or at least the bike. I just got back from Phoenix and I'm completely wiped out from the drive and doing five races didn't help. I'm not sure who all's on the list yet but either give me a shout or an e-mail and maybe we can work something out in regards to transport to help eliminate missing a bunch of work and family time.
    Thanks,
    Jon

Senior Member Amateur
    Jon, we'll already be going out to RA for the CCS/ASRA races there. We will be dragging a bunch of CRA racers out there with us, hopefully a few MRA racers will jump in with you as well. We are planning on putting together a party on Saturday night, grilling out for everyone and bringing in beverages etc. Should be a nice opportunity for a meet and greet and I'm sure a bunch of the CRA crowd will enjoy seeing you again!

Senior Member Expert
    Rob,
    As it's tougher and tougher for me these days to get out of town to race....Single dad, two eight year old boys, not sure I can afford the time away. But I would love a bit of vindication after blowing up a big twin coming up the hill back in 99'
    Are you guys using the big trailer and offering trailering services? I'd love to do a fly-in maybe?
    After looking at the roster of racers in the CRA not many of us elderly gentleman still racing. Shane F. I remember but not alot of others. Be in touch K
    Thanks,
    Jon