Thread: What are the benefits

Senior Member Expert

What are the benefits

Just wondering what are the benefits of pre entering the first race when it goes live on the 15th? Don't returning racers get there ending positions if they pre enter and after that it's order of entry for grid position. Is that right?

Senior Member Expert
    Jon,

You are correct, but if you are planning on racing in classes that you didn't race in last year you would have no points in that class, therefore entering earlier puts you nearer the front of the grid.

If you raced in a class last year and have points, as long as you make the "pre-entry" deadline for the race event you'll be gridded by last year's points.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

Re: What are the benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Just wondering what are the benefits of pre entering the first race when it goes live on the 15th? Don't returning racers get there ending positions if they pre enter and after that it's order of entry for grid position. Is that right?
    The benefit is that the club needs the money BADLY right now, not the Wedesday before the first race. :wink:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert

Re: What are the benefits

Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    The benefit is that the club needs the money BADLY right now, not the Wedesday before the first race. :wink:
    So if I pre-register for 3 events or whatever, I'm going to get charged for all 3 of them now instead of a few days before the weekend? If so that's a departure from the past.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Nope Ralph, not necessarily a departure... Depends on "how" you register and pay.

"Auto-pay" runs the Credit Card the Wednesday before each event.

"Pay Now" runs the Credit Card "now".

At a minimum I'd hope that people would register AND PAY for round one NOW (ok, well on the 15th, not "now" per se...) - and then auto-pay would be fine for the remainder of the season.

There's a tremendous amount of money going out right now to insure, rent, etc... and the money coming in does not offset it very well.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    ahhh but I need the money too. Regardless I understand and thanks for your honest and to the point answer.

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks, I understand the difference now. I only ever picked auto-pay, I didn't realize it was definable per event.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.