Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-hour Relay Endurance Race Rules

Senior Member Amateur
    Saw something about this thought it was 35 I was wondering how it was going to be done. As I would have to be clocked to figure out speed for my bike or I guess I could ride in street for a min. with a gps
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Member Amateur
    So just for confirmation...everyone who participates receives an automatic 15 points towards their respective Endurance class regardless of finishing position....is that correct? Those who podium... simply win the prestige and the trophies...but no points advantage...right?

Alan

Senior Member Expert
    That's right Alan
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by N1K
    Saw something about this thought it was 35 I was wondering how it was going to be done.
    For enforcement purposes of the normal pit (paddock) speed limit, the club already owns a radar gun. I assume it will be used here for the same purpose.

Timing & Scoring Note:

For everyone planning on participating, the transponder each team plans on handing off during the race will need to be registered with me separately of any normal racing. It doesn't matter if the transponder is already being used for racing that weekend, but it will need to be entered into the database again with the team's name attached to it. For example: If Tony B., Ray-Ray, and Chris Coonshead decide to race as a team, they can register Tony's normal transponder for the team and call themselves "Short Bus Racing". Solo riders will also have to do the same thing (using their real names, or not) even though they won't be making any transfers.

This may all be covered on the entry forms, and no additional action may be required. However, I wanted everyone to start thinking about what you'd like your team name to be as it will be official.

Thanks,

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Any chance we can do a ROR style surcharge and have some payouts

I am sure I am too late

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Any chance Toyota could provide a purse as the Title Sponsor, or are they contributing to the MRA in a different manner?

Would be fun to race for something.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by TRK
    Any chance Toyota could provide a purse as the Title Sponsor, or are they contributing to the MRA in a different manner?

Would be fun to race for something.
    Shannon,

This year it's going to be bragging rights. Toyota is sponsoring the trophies and such as we've done with the other classes for years. If it goes well I'm sure we could convince them to stay on board or even increase their involvement in future years.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Junior Member Novice
    Hey y'all,

First post here and it's a question: Myself and three of my teammates are seriously considering entering this race just for fun. Only thing is none of us have MRA licenses. I have an expert license with WSMC and Utah SBA, the rest have novice licenses with WERA and Utah SBA. How does this "day license" work? Would we be eligible for it? If not, what should we do? We're only interested in doing this one race (we're on the hunt for endurance races), so hopefully the process is a little easier than if we were interested in doing the entire season.

And do I have this right...the only fee we pay is the $60 per rider? There aren't any fees for having a second bike we plan on using during the race?

A little help please...

Thanks,
    Troy

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Troy, I just got back from WSBK so I didn't have a chance to respond to your email. I do appologize for that.

You can pick up the one day license at the race day office on the day of the endurance race. Registration closes at 10am so be sure to make it by before that time. The cost is $50 per rider for the license. Be sure to register your AMB lap timer at this time with Chris Dale.

As for entry, you are correct with $60 per rider with no additional fees if you are running endurance only. No cost for any additional bikes.

Let me know if you have any other questions either via the forum or email.

Thanks and we look forward to having you guys come out and race with us!!!
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
    Be sure to register your AMB lap timer at this time with Chril Dale.
    Correction: Chris Dale not Chril.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks Kevin
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Don't worry, it looks the same at 6 am either way. Thanks for the edit.

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Can we set up an ROR style pool, thus race for something. Cash would be cool.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRK
    Can we set up an ROR style pool, thus race for something. Cash would be cool.
    It would have to be totally "rider funded" - which means there won't be any money in the pot...

The MRA took a beating over the weekend financially so the prospect of us providing additional purse money this year is non-existent. :cry:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Mohammer Time! Expert
    I meant rider funded, kinda like ROR is now

Junior Member Novice
    Two more questions:

1) If running more than one bike for the endurance race, do both bikes need to have the same number?

2) Will there be sprint races Sunday?

Thanks!

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter
    Two more questions:

1) If running more than one bike for the endurance race, do both bikes need to have the same number?

2) Will there be sprint races Sunday?

Thanks!
    Bikes do not need the same number but you will be required to use the same transponder.
    We will be running our normal Saturday and Sunday sprints with the exception of the 4 normal endurance classes, LW,MW,HW,Open, and the Super Street class. The daily schedule is located here http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10406
    MRA #29

As far as the hot pits, what are you allowing…
    Up to the wall? (Canopies, generators, etc…)
    Over the wall? (Number of people, Fuel cans, tools etc… )
    Next to the track wall? (Pit Boards, etc…)
    Randall "Snowman" Turner
    MRA No.427 - Honda CBR600rr Fireblade

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by N1K
    Will there be live timing or updates broadcasted ???
    Autumn will be calling the standings at regular intervals. She can look at Chris' laptop and see who is where at any time.

My thinking is that we could announce the standings at each 30 min mark through 3 hours, then at 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 3:55, and the finish.

Thinking about it, it might be good to print out standings at 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, and 3:30 just so people can check.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    As far as the hot pits, what are you allowing…
    Up to the wall? (Canopies, generators, etc…)
    Over the wall? (Number of people, Fuel cans, tools etc… )
    Next to the track wall? (Pit Boards, etc…)
    Good questions. Unless we're planning something else, the pit wall looks like this

So I'd guess we'd set up canopy's on the back side of the wall in the gravel area.

Over the wall I think the rule is 5 people - see http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10333

I don't know where the signaling area will be. I would think it would be across the hot pit area near start/finish. True?

One suggestion - don't let anyone pit anywhere near the transponder loop. If they're smart, they could potentially get a few more laps in - TONY!

Senior Member Expert
    So how do we inform the mra/scoring who is on a particular team?
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Expert
    Assuming all available fuel cans are moved to the pit wall to facilitate, well, refueling, is putting our normal fire extinguisher there acceptable (meaning nothing @ our trailer)? Since anything that would go boom would be relocated to the wall I'd think so, but don't want to get busted for not placing one at my trailer during the race, nor do I want to have to buy a 2nd one just for this.

Is staking canopies into the ground is an acceptable method of securing them there, or is that bad for some reason? Not being a paved area I don't see the issue, unless the ground is incredibly soft or something.

Will we be able to set up canopies, generators, tools, etc during morning practice and get our crews acclimated so we aren't trying all of that out for the first time during the race? If so, will that include being able to stop in hot-pit?
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    For this particular endurance race are we allowed to move the transponder location off the fork leg and onto a place that's more "convenient" for transfer?
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12