Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shane Turpin Injured on Dirt Bike

Senior Member Expert
    Brownie here, reporting in from Salt Lake. ST is in good spirits for the most part. Crackin some jokes when he is awake. In and out alot. Another surgery in the AM. I'm gonna camp out in the room with him. I'll keep ya posted. 8) he's doin good though, considering.

some please link this to the other thread for me. I'm posting this via phone, and that's a pain in the ankles...
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    pain in the ankles...

OUCH!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks for the update Brownie Batter.

Heal up ST!
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Junior Member Novice
    Brownie here, reporting in from Salt Lake. ST is in good spirits for the most part. Crackin some jokes when he is awake. In and out alot. Another surgery in the AM. I'm gonna camp out in the room with him. I'll keep ya posted. 8) he's doin good though, considering.

some please link this to the other thread for me. I'm posting this via phone, and that's a pain in the ankles...
    I can loan you a laptop for as long as you need it if it will help you out. Let me know, I'm about ten minutes from University Hospital.

Senior Member Amateur
    That doesn't look very fun at all. Sorry to hear about this Shane. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJen
    Shane, Sorry to hear about this. I know you're a tough guy and you will push through this. I hope that you heal up quickly. Our thoughts and payers are with you and your family.

Lots of LUV
    JenJen
    Jen Shane LOL and said the cake was goooodddd and next time he will do the same!! FYi he said he was choking on the cake wile he was running from you :lol:

Senior Member Amateur
    Any chances of getting a silent auction going to help raise funds? I know a certain shop that would be willing to pony up some stuff 8)

Glad to hear Shane's in good spirits and we'll cross our fingers for a speedy recovery.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by smidgley
    can loan you a laptop for as long as you need it if it will help you out. Let me know, I'm about ten minutes from University Hospital.
    I have got my lap top. Thanks. I was waiting till things calmed down, and ST maybe could get some sleep.

Watching them change his banadages was bruital!! He is one tough fella that ST.
    The plan is to work on the right ankle, Tib, and Fib in the morning 5:45am. Somewhere around a 4.5hr surgery. And they are planning to close up his wide open wounds tomorrow as well (the ones shown in the photos). They have been left open thus far just to relieve the pressure and swelling. So hopefully they do close them up as they say, so he doesn't have to go through anymore of the bandage changing on them bad boys!!

P.S....They have a Starbucks in the Hostpital, open 24/7... that's nice... A few good loooking nurses.....that's nice.... but i haven't found any Tequila yet........
    Jeff Brown, #277

Junior Member Novice
    If there is anything you need or any way I can help out, I'm close by and home all day.

email is best but I'm in Shane's phone
    smidgley@comcast.net

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Agh! Heal up quickly buddy!

Senior Member Expert
    Surgery went well. They mostly closed up his open wounds. Still has drain tubes in. They plated both right and left Fibula bones. Friday they will close the open wounds completely, as the swelling will be down then. He will need to do another surgery to plate both Tibia bones. .... Sleeping now. Only been out about 1.5 hrs from surgery. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    Shane I can only imagine how bad breaking both tib fibs can be, I only broke one side and I know how long that took to heal. One thing I do know is you are one tough SOB and will make it thru and I would be proud to limp beside you anyday.
    Bartman

Senior Member Expert
    Last night went well. ST was able to get as much rest as possible considering the nurse popping in every 2 hrs for Meds and checking vitals. We talked to the Doc this morning, and we are still on schedule for another minor surgery tomorrow sometime, to remove the Drain Tubes from his legs and close up the wounds. He will require another surgery after Friday to install plates on both the right and left Tibia.

We did a minor Physical Therapy session this morning, and had him sitting upright, with legs out flat to somewhat simulate being in a wheel chair, which went very well. Later this afternoon we may actually try to get him in a chair!!........ And then the fun can happen!.... I already have 2 SuperSport chairs picked out for us 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    Well, we didn't get to race chairs last night, didn't get that far. Surgery went good today though. It was fairly short. They cleaned up the rest of his open wounds, and sealed them up completely. Which is good as they were not sure if they were going to be able to, due to the swelling.

I plan to stay here one more night/day.

The Docs will examine his wounds, as well as any drainage of fluids that me be taking place, on Monday before he goes home. And from there they will make a decision as to when they will bring him back in to Install the Plates on the both right and left Tibia bones....... They are saying that those will be 2 separate surgeries, just due to the time required to do each leg.

3 down..... 2 to go!

ST is in good spirits..... and will be back o n the track kicking our ass's in no time... 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    ST is in good spirits..... and will be back o n the track kicking our ass's in no time... 8)
    I have NO doubt about that

Thanks for the updates Brownie. Hang in there Turpin, its all up hill from here!!!
    Casey D

Junior Member Novice

Senior Member Expert
    Not much to report.

ST has had the last couple days to "try" to relax and get some rest. May find out today how long it will be till the next and final surgeries will be. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Junior Member Novice
    Another change of plans, Shane is now out of the hospital and in a rehab center across town in Murray, Utah. It feels a lot more like a place to get well than the hospital did. The next surgery is scheduled for the 16th.

Any and all donations would be appreciated more than you can know, post office box and PayPal information are avaialble at ShaneTurpin.com

Junior Member Novice
    Shane has surgery Tuesday and yesterday to install the hardware (plates & Screws and such) in both legs, the external fixators are gone and both legs are now in casts. He'll likely be back at the rehab center in Midvale tomorrow, where he'll be for the next four to six weeks.

glenngsxr
    That's great news. Shane has a smile on his face in every picture on here. It really is amazing how healthy he is considering how fast and how many race miles that body has on it. Keep it up ST. Glenn #62

Senior Member Amateur
    Not sure if this has been posted, but I just finished up reading a fantastic article on Mr. Turpin in the latest Roadracing World.

I think I've only spoken to Shane once, but that article reminded me of how cool, humble and helpful he is. Heal up man, I can't wait to see you on the track again!

- David # 78

Junior Member Novice

Any and all donations would be appreciated more than you can know, post office box and PayPal information are avaialble at ShaneTurpin.com

Senior Member Amateur
    This is why I stay off the dirt.

Heal up Shane!!!!
    Sponsor: Visa Credit Card @ 11.9% APR! AWESOME!

Senior Member Expert
    omg, so much hardware.
    heal ups sooner dooder

Senior Member Expert
    I saw Shane in rehab the other day after his operations. Although he still has a lot to go through, he is a tough SOB and will handle it like the champion he is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast