I posted this on CSC, but just want to get all the feedback I can get as I'm ready to snag this bike if all is well. So any input would be greatly appreciated.

I just went up to Springs today to pick up a bike that I've been checking out on CL. Everything looked excellent. This bike is an '05 1000RR and is in SHOWROOM condition. No exaggeration. I took one look at it and thought it was a done deal.

We started it up and it was idling real crappy. We let it warm up until the temp read 180* and idle smoothed out. When blipping the throttle it would blow out a puff of blue smoke. At idle it wouldn't smoke and at constant rpm it would not smoke just when blipping it. I took it up the street and it was stuttering and sounded raspy, but no smoke. Not smooth power and crisp sopund like my previous liter bike had.

I know blue smoke is bad and a sign of ring wear or valve issues, but here's the thing. The bike has been sitting for a year and a half while the guy was in Iraq, and still has the same gas in it as when he left. Could this be a contributing factor as to why it's blowing blue smoke when revving? This bike is mint and I just don't see how such a well maintained bike with only 5k miles on it could already have motor issues. The guy paid $9k used for it at a dealership 2 years ago(showed me the paperwork)and only put 300 miles on it. The dealer wouldn't have sold him a lemon and he couldn't have done anything to it in 300miles.

I really want the bike if it could be something minor, but don't want to pull the trigger just yet and end up with a lemon.