Thread: I'm havin' so much fun!!

Member Amateur

I'm havin' so much fun!!

Dude, that shit was rad. And here's why:
    After a week of trying to prepare for Race 2 and all the anxiety that goes with racing a Nascar track, I set out for PPIR Friday afternoon. This dude pulls up next to me in traffic on I-25 giving me the thumbs up for some reason reaching over his girlfriend trying to catch eye contact. Just then, I hear this scream and a big POP (airbags). He rear ended the Prius sitting in front of him due to an accident an mile ahead. I almost peed my pants.

Then- pulling into a race venue with a huge spectator section. And banking. It was interesting to think about the people that had raced at the same track, driven the same tunnel, and maybe even had the same thoughts of doubt as they saw the banking/infield for the first time.

Getting the lowdown in the evening while standing in a garage filled with wicked race equipment. The light in the garage was really neat, the temp was perfect for an extended chat, and I actually belonged there. Cool.

Race day (Sat for me) came after a surprisingly good sleep. I sucked and lost some (10) spots. Oh well. But seriously, I was scared. No real reason- for some reason I had issues. BUT, I was safe, did the best I could, and I learned some stuff.

BBQ and good post race chat w/ fellow campers, and a turn on the scooter lead my wife and I to the Vanmar tent for some doc. on VR with super cool footage. On the ride back to camp was the first time I had ridden bitch on a bike in a long time. So weird but fun/freaky at the same time. Sweet.

So cheers to the:
    Rebellion Motorsports crew
    My Wife for dealin' and actually having a good time
    Shane T. for showing me how to Safety Wire a hose clamp and not be gay
    Corner workers
    JenJen and Chris for welcoming me to the office after my race
    And the wind, for reminding me who's in charge.

Senior Member Expert
    Now you truely know why so many people come back to race every weekend!

Glad you came out and had an awesome time!

-Grubbs

Senior Member Amateur
    Win or lose, it's something to behold. Pregrid jitters, grid butterflies, bunghole puckering when you blow a turn...it's all good stuff.

Welcome back and good luck at HPR. Now that you know the process and saw that only the venue changes, you can focus on racing.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    Glad to hear you had a great Time!! 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative