Thread: super street class

Member Amateur

super street class

does anyone know the rules and class structure for the new superstreet class, or are they undecided.

President Expert

Re: super street class

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Applegate
    does anyone know the rules and class structure for the new superstreet class, or are they undecided.
    Here you go Mike - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtop...=10123&start=0
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert

Re: super street class

Sorry dude. You can't race it.

(sucker)
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Member Amateur
    just found it in new racer Q&A

All good points but I agree with fox, why not let current members ride this class if they want to. I understand the class is designed to bring in new members and it would be intimidating to some if the grid was lined up with racers on racebikes.

How about a "racers rule" that says current mra members can ride this class if they choose, just not on a racebike. street legal streetbikes only, street tires, stock suspension, licence plate etc...I bring this up because I have a few friends that are interested in riding this class and I would like to race with them and thats not going to happen on sundays, they just arent going to spend the money to get into racing (yet!)
    however it works out, this is a great format for them to "warm their wives up to racing!"

Senior Member Expert
    We've just crossed into...

Member Amateur
    After reading all the posts on this matter it does seem wise to limit this to non licenced racers. after all the ultimate goal is to further the club and it will be more apealing to track day guys if they know there will be no "racers" on the line. just over excited I guess, plus its damn fun flogging a stock streetbike!

Senior Member Amateur
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but as a racer I can still go out in the "super street" practice and help guys with track layout, technique, and etc...This happens on a normal basis currently in the club. I just can't go out during the race. I have a bunch of friends that are already asking me IF I can go out with them in practice to help them out. This seems logical?

Jeff

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinter
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but as a racer I can still go out in the "super street" practice and help guys with track layout, technique, and etc...This happens on a normal basis currently in the club. I just can't go out during the race. I have a bunch of friends that are already asking me IF I can go out with them in practice to help them out. This seems logical?

Jeff
    The practice is going to be reserved for the Superstreet racers and the class instructors. It will not be open to other licensed MRA racers.
    Casey D

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Sounds like Jeff should sign up to be an instructor!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Jeff talk to Mark E Mark about instructor spots for superstreet, New Rider Director is in charge of instruction for all the new guys and gals.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    ... I have a few friends that are interested in riding this class and I would like to race with them...

Mike are you going to race this year? What about little Marky? --Wyeth
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech