Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
Quote Originally Posted by rybo
Well, for one thing, I don't see why he would do it.

The cost for the Superstreet class is $100. Why would a licensed racer spend another $100 to race a streetbike in a class where there is no contingency, no points, no championship
Because I wouldn't have to spend $5000 just to get my crap street bike race-prepped into something respectable. I don't need contingency or a championship if I don't have spend a shit ton on bike prep. (EX250 class anyone??) I could slap some DOTs on and run around on the track against other under-prepared motorcycles and simply enjoy myself on the cheap.

I too initially thought this was an open class for all under-prepared motorcycles essentially, although the crux seems more focused on getting new racers. I don't have much of an opinion either way on this (but I guess I could given enough Sweet Tea Vodka) -- I am mostly just adding an opinion.
Dave,

Yeah, the goal of this class is to draw new people in not create a class for existing members to use underprepared streetbikes in.

That being said, I'm all for a spec ninja 250 class or a spec sv650 class. I'd be the first guy to buy a bike if we had something like that. (well, maybe the second as I think you would be into something like this too).

Let's make it happen, let's start now creating some enthusiasm for it and get it into the 2011 season. If you're serious you might even start a new topic for that discussion!

p.s. This is my idea of light petting.