Quote Originally Posted by Titus
So how was the turnout for this class last season?

Was it about the same number of entrants through each round or were there more/less as the season progressed?

And how aggressive were the riders on their streetbikes?

I'm really liking the idea of this class, I did a few trackdays and last year & now I want to get a dedicated track bike. With this class I might be able get my feet wet in an actual race.

One other question, I don't see any origin of bike restrictions in the SuperStreet rules. Would a GP bike (non-street bike) be allowed in the class as long as the rider is eligible?

I want to get a honda rs125 2-smoker & run trackdays + SS the first year. Then perhaps novice classes the next year.
The entrants for the class averaged about 12 with a peak of 29 last season and a low of 8. The weekend we had 29 entries was the week after our 4 hour endurance weekend, when we don't run the superstreet program, so I'm guessing that it was pretty much residual from two rounds that lead to that spike.

We've seen some GREAT racing in this class, some with close finishes. There have been some crashes, but for the most part I would say that the level of "aggressiveness" is about the same as the fast group on a trackday.

There are no bike restrictions - Superstreet is "run whatcha brung"

As a side note from a guy who's owned some 2-stroke GP bikes - they are wicked fun, and you will develop great riding skills by having one, but if you are at all uncomfortable doing maintenance then this is not a great choice. They require quite a bit of attention to keep running well with reasonably short intervals between needing top ends to stay in top running condition. Also, with the demise of 2 stroke racing at the highest levels, parts for them are becoming more scarce and expensive. Not saying that you shouldn't do it, just saying make sure that you look at the whole package before you do. Other great choices for first trackbikes exist out there, including a well sorted 1999 R6 that's on the forums for extremely reasonable money right now. The SV650 is also an outstanding choice as a first dedicated track / racebike.

Hope that helps!

Scott