Wow, very interesting discussion sorry I'm joining so late. My .02....

For the record, the superstreet class discussion has been going on for months on the forums, at the MRA meetings, etc. Long before the rules committee meeting, at the rules committee meeting, and now it's been voted in as a 2010 class with rules in place. While I think this discussion is very good it won't have an impact on the 2010 format. Am I correct?

That being said, it's ironic that racers are complaining that they can't get into the superstreet class. Originally there was objection to this class as being dangerous, now you guys want to race it? FWIW, this is not the reaction we were getting in all the meetings and discussions leading up to the formation of this class. Where were you guys last year when we were talking about this??

We as a club created this class for new guys, as a stepping stone to "try racing" and see if the rider wants to jump into a novice license. There are no points, no trophies, it's bragging rights only. And after just 2 superstreet events the racer can petition Mark for a novice license. It's a great idea and I'd like to see it have it's chance in 2010.

How about if enough guys want to create a streetbike class we put it to the rules committee for 2011?

Wyeth