Quote Originally Posted by marty
Quote Originally Posted by dragos13

Not trying to doubt your math or anything, but when did we grid 71 riders? I had no idea it ever got that big for a single grid. Thanks for your info!!!
i think it was endurance the weekend we HAD TO have 130+ riders to make the rest of the season. i'm pretty sure the LW grid was almost back to track exit. trying to launch a 125 uphill is no fun
Yep, that's the race I was using. The math also takes into account one row grid break and the distance the grid needs to start behind the start/finish line. We didn't actually have that many show up for the grid, but that's what the grid sheets showed. If we're gonna take the money to let 'em race, we have to be willing to let 'em ride. I think there were 54 in middleweight alone.

My basic point was that any grid under the MotoGP plan will roughly double the length of any grid. Also take a look at the picture again. There is a six foot advantage (where there is 0 currently in the MRA) between each position on a single row, and 9 feet between grid between the grid spots that run over a row change. And there is a 30 foot gap between row positions (instead of 10 to 15 feet). Sounds to me like POINTS or QUALIFYING just gained a lot of importance. But I'm happy to say that's never been an issue in the club before. :shock: :lol: