Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
Quote Originally Posted by hcr25
No hatred from me and I hope the vote on the staggered grids goes better then the 11 race schedule vote
For sure bro. Thats kind of why I dont like the idea of asking members on a race day.
I think this is different than the 11 race vote. Really it makes no difference "how" we grid up - just so long as everyone is in the loop on it - and it doesn't backfire in some way we haven't considered.

If this is truly just "change for change sake" then state it as such, and if the members are behind it (or really don't give a shit either way, which is what I suspect is the case) - the we can do it, provided that it doesn't create any ridiculous hardship for the Track Crew and Bob Heaton.

It will definitely be more difficult for him to "freehand" staggered grids evenly than it is to do straight grids. If you've ever looked down them at a 45 you'll see that they're already far from straight as it is...

Now on to the perceived "negativity, new idea hating...":

As far as the colored backgrounds - I don't see that it matters really, except that the onus is on the rider to ensure legibility, and if scoring can't read your number and there's a problem with the transponders (which there is more often than you guys realize...) then too bad so sad if you're scored wrong. We only have 2 manual scorekeepers and they do the best they can.

There is a provison in the rulebook right now whereby "Class Champions" can run reverse backgrounds the year they are defending their championship. White numbers on black background. It looks cool, but not many people take advantage of it.

We've discussed the Y or U or X after a number ever since we got the transponders. Problem is the transponders don't recognize letters, so the only thing that would have the special number would be the bike - not results or anything else... And then the issue of the medical forms that the ambulances carry. Should they have your "real" number or your ROR-U number? If they pull the wrong medical form (2 vs. 2U), then what?

As for the slutty umbrella girls, we've had those in the past as well. All we got out of it was a few divorces and an outbreak of Syphillus. :lol: