Thread: Available track schools / coaching

Member Amateur

Available track schools / coaching

So I did a search and there is nothing on this forum that is useful at pointing the direction for a rider to get some coaching. Of course I do know the locals for the most part but as I read an article a little while ago in Sport Rider I began to wonder what each teacher offered, at what cost and what you felt were the teachers strengths and where improvements could have helped. Its not cheap for anybody searching for this instruction so your .02 would be appreciated. For example that article focused on the Polen school and how it lacked in the use of video as part of the tutorial.
    thanks
    S

Senior Member Amateur
    Two words: Mark Schellinger.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Mania
    Two words: Mark Schellinger.
    right... i guess? I was looking for a little more than that. Why mark? why not Mike or Ricky or there are prob. a few others that I dont really know about. Have you been to the other schools? Mark's for sure a rad guy, super nice and I think the least expensive, but what is the basis of your one answer?
    Am I better off just doing a chicane day or asking another racer @ a higher level to help me out?

Member Amateur
    I would say I was very fortunate to have Mark as well. After the schooling he does not act as though you do not exist and still keeps an eye on your riding. He is always trying to help me in one way or another. He will help me at track days, races, and Im sure if there is anything else I need Mark/Tammy will be there for me. Michelin for life-aus
    auzzy

Senior Member Amateur
    S-Z -

Your second post makes me think that you are very new to all of this (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that). If you haven't even been on a track, I would most definitely advise you to just start out with a Chicane track day - Scott will see you right.

I haven't got anything against paid tuteage - I make use of it myself - and for a fact any of the local instructors (Mark, Mike, or Ricky) will improve your riding skills for certain. Will they be able to turn you into a winner in one day? Probably not. Its just a question of your personal cost/benefit equation. If you are at the low end of the learning curve, seat time and following other people around will probably improve your skills quite a bit.

Once you can answer two questions: "Where are you experience-wise?" and "What do you want to accomplish?", contact Mark, Mike, and Ricky and talk to each of them about what they can do for you and how they would go about it. You can then evaluate what that is worth to you, and move forward from there. You may end up working with all three of them at some point.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Stolen from a document Wyeth Jackson prepared recently:

Track Riding in Colorado

MRA New Racer Schools
    www.mra-racing.org
    MRA hot line # 303-530-5678

Chicane Track Days
    www.ChicaneTrackDays.com

Vanmar Motorcycle School Mark Schellinger
    303-944-0334

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School
    www.rickyorlando.com

Go4It Racing Schools Mike Pettiford
    www.go4itservices.com

Jason Pridmore’s STAR school
    www.starmotorcycle.com

High Plains Raceway Lapping Days
    www.highplainsraceway.com
    Track hot line # 303-769-4771

Pueblo Motorsports Park Track Days
    www.pueblomotorsportspark.net
    Track hot line # 719-547-7721

IMI Motorsports track time
    www.imimotorsports.com
    Track hot line # 303-286-1813

Is that more better? :wink:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Sweet Tony!!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Sweet Tony!!
    No, SWEET WORK WYETH!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Member Amateur
    Hmmm... maybe I didnt post my question here properly ops:, I guess I was just seeing if anybody had really ridden with the different classes avail. and then compare them a little bit. I suppose at the same time what one person might deem important in class might not be as important to another. Not really new as Ive spent more than a couple days at the track this year and I pass some and get passed by many.
    Oh well moving on from this one
    thanks
    Scotty