5pm-9pm: Keith Eastin, Jim Brewer

Saturday
    9am-1pm: Wyeth Jackson, Aaron Fisk, Jenn Hom, Elden Lew
    1pm-5pm: Jeff Brown, Casey Dragos
    5pm-9pm: Siobhan Bennett, Randall Turner

Sunday
    9am-1pm: Scott Rybarik, Brad Hampton
    1pm-6pm: Jim Wilson, Justin Lampkin

Give me a call or shoot me a PM if you'd like to work this event!
    Wyeth 720-299-1390

Wow, here’s a great PR opportunity for the club. I bumped into the SCCA marketing director last week and she generously extended this offer to the MRA—I brought it to the board they say “post it up!” I’ll have more info at the General Meeting tomorrow night. I’m sure the PR rep will want to run with this, I’m here to help however I can. This is a great opportunity for us to start early for next season.

The SCCA, RMVR and Mazda of Lakewood (dealership getting into the race car scene) have rented a gigantic space at this show, 2500-3000 sqft of space that will be called “Race World”. They’re putting up info about HPR, cornerworking information including a flag display, plus all the race vehicles. Apparently there will even be a 70’ cigarette racing boat at the back of the display. They’re bringing 12 race cars plus new Mazda street cars, and they’re offered us space for an MRA booth and 3 motorcycles—for FREE!

The estimated attendance for this event is between 20,000 and 35,000 people, this is the largest Rod & Custom show in the region. There will be 500 cars on display, not including race cars. Radio promotion has already begun and posters for the event are going up in Checkers (the show promoter) all over town. The Race World display will be located next to the restrooms and the food court, there may be a bar service here as well. Traffic should be huge for our booth.

The SCCA has one rule for us at this event. When they put on PR events they require their drivers to wear either their race suit or full cornerworking gear. The PR director said they get terrific spectator response and have lines of people waiting to talk to drivers about racing. They want all of our people to wear our leathers and be prepared to talk about racing motorcycles all day. Hmmmm, ok!

Kurt Hansen of Race Central Radio (AM 1510) will be broadcasting his live motorsports show from this display!! I didn’t even know we had a motorsports show here in Denver! ops:

The board has also said Novices may work off their 2010 Novice Hours at this event. Come have fun, help the club, and take care of your novice hours before the season even starts, this is a great opportunity!

Want to represent your sponsors? Want to put their name in front of 20,000-35,000 spectators?? We need 3 bikes to display at this complex for the week. All vehicles must be unloaded either Monday or Tuesday, the complex goes dark Wed/Thursday(Thanksgiving) and the show opens at 9am on Friday. Break down begins at 6pm Sunday.

I’ll start the ball rolling…

Aaron and I will work the booth Saturday 28th, from 9am- 1pm (or later if needed)

More info and discussion tomorrow at the General Meeting. Thank you SCCA and RMVR for giving us this opportunity!!

Wyeth
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    I would be happy to put my bike up for display. I could also help "man" the booth on Saturday and Sunday. I have no leathers to wear tho.....
    Casey D

President Expert
    I already told you I am in. We'll work on getting some cool flyers for this.

Senior Member Expert
    Awesome Casey! Thank you Jim!! We can all chat more about this event at the meeting tomorrow.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    This came up last night at our meeting, and as I said last night. I can bring a bike, man the booth a couple of the days, whatever needed. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Per the dress attire rules, if you're a racer you gotta wear leathers. come'on Casey, I'm sure you've got something....
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Member Amateur
    I can offer my bike for the show but don't believe Ill be able to man the booth - Ill have to verify my on call schedule.
    MRA #100
    http://viets-performance.com/
    Big Dog Wraps
    Pirelli / Ohlins / ChickenHawk / XT Racing

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Per the dress attire rules, if you're a racer you gotta wear leathers. come'on Casey, I'm sure you've got something....
    I wish I did man, cuz then I'd be out riding mini-bikes alot more. Gave my old set of leathers to my mechanic so he could race mini's, and had my last set of leathers jacked out of my truck a couple months ago.

I'll still swing by and show my support, lend a hand where needed 8)
    Casey D

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Casey you can borrow mine as I will be in a sling and won't be able to get them on... That is, if you're not TOO HUGE, of course! :lol:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Junior Member Novice
    I would love to help for Sat!! Let me know.. We are down to my bike that is still together! Let me know if you need us to bring it!
    Jenn "Hom" Lew l MRA # 888

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you everyone who's contacted me or posted up about this event! Jim Wilson and I are going to coordinate this and will hopefully have more info up in the next few days.

It looks like there will be three 4 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday that need to be staffed, plus two 4-5 hour shifts on Sunday. It would be great to have at least 2 or 3 people working the MRA area at any one time, and the more the merrier. We'll post up a schedule of time slots and get all of them filled.

Thanks again for all the offers of help, and to all the interested novices this is a great way to work off those hours pre-season.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Please check out the time slots available to work in the first post in the thread. Give me a call 720-299-1390 or shoot me a PM and I'll add your name in. Thank you!

Wyeth

PS I'm trying to contact everyone who's expressed an interest so far, if I've forgotten you please contact me again, thanks. ops:
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    If my bike is done I might be able to swing this. I will let you know for sure.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Wilson called - I'm in .

Senior Member Expert
    Updates for the Rocky Mt Rod & Custom Show....

We could use a few more people on Friday in the afternoon and evening, and Sunday is also open to work, please check out the staff schedule in the first post in this thread. Novices please use this opportunity to work off your hours for the 2010 season, this is a great way to help out your club and spend a few hours talking about racing!

Thank you to the people who are providing bikes for the 3 day event, those may be delivered on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'll get more information on when/where they can be unloaded. I'm coordinating with Denise to pick up wristbands and parking passes for our event staff, we delivered our vehicle registrations to Greybeard yesterday.

Jim Wilson is doing a ton of work on our PR materials, and also working on a possible racing photo slide show for our display. We need a monitor to hook into, anyone have one that could be used for our MRA booth?

Thank you to everyone for your help on this event!

Wyeth
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Wyeth,

I talked to Spanky today, and he said that he is all in for helping me on Friday. Could you add him to the list please?

What happened to the Novices here?........ come on guys/gals!! this is a great opportunity to work off your hours before the season even starts! Allowing you to have all your focus on racing only!!!

8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    Wyeth,

I talked to Spanky today, and he said that he is all in for helping me on Friday. Could you add him to the list please?
    Certainly! When does he want to work? Thanks Spanky!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Amateur

nov hrs

Wyeth,

What happened to the Novices here?........ come on guys/gals!! this is a great opportunity to work off your hours before the season even starts! Allowing you to have all your focus on racing only!!!

8)
    Wish I lived closer I would hang with ya Mr Brown USBA dont do shit for there club that I know of but talk about how racing on Sunday's sucks because they cant miss Church Hope to see ya soon! Missing the M.R.A.

Senior Member Expert

Re: nov hrs

Quote Originally Posted by snay
    Wish I lived closer I would hang with ya Mr Brown USBA dont do shit for there club that I know of but talk about how racing on Sunday's sucks because they cant miss Church Hope to see ya soon! Missing the M.R.A.
    :shock: I agree, we are cooler than the USBA! :lol: Hey Sean thanks for racing with us!

This is the first of (hopefully) many PR events that the MRA will be having. The goal is to provide more opportunities for promoting the club, which will also provide opportunities for novice hours. Or for any MRA members to get together away from the track for some good benchracing and fun. I do like my benchracing! 8)
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Wyeth,

Certainly! When does he want to work? Thanks Spanky!
    Friday 1:00 - 5:00
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    oops please delete last post under "guest" I was speed posting
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Amateur
    Sign me up for Sunday at 9am. Need someone else there with me tho.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Expert
    Will do and thanks for volunteering to staff this event! What's your name I'll put you on the schedule. Scott Rybarik will be there with you Sunday morning, you're going to have a blast.

FYI for all 2010 novices--everyone who works is going on JenJen's 2010 novice hours list. This is a great way to both get to know other MRA members and also give a little back to the club. Thank you to everyone who's contacted me so far about working!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Amateur
    Wish I could go down to this event but will be out of town for the holiday. Thanks again to all involved, I hope to get in on the next PR opportunity.
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmodromico
    Wish I could go down to this event but will be out of town for the holiday. Thanks again to all involved, I hope to get in on the next PR opportunity.
    For sure there will be more event opportunities going forward, you can find one that fits in the future. Thanks for your support Sam!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast