Thread: FS: 2004 Ducati 749S

Junior Member Novice

FS: 2004 Ducati 749S

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1448475780.html

Reasonable offers welcome. NADA value of $7,620 but it looks just as flashy as the $20,000 bikes out there.

If you like attention this is the special edition bike for you. It runs amazing and is everything you would expect from a hand-built Italian superbike. This is going to be a very tough sale for me to make but this gorgeous beauty must go so I can start track racing on something less pretty.

Aftermarket parts include rear sets, open CF clutch basket, black windshield, custom painted wheels. Termi half system exhaust with performance muffler, air filters, and cat eliminator pipe can be purchased separately and/or I can install it.

Member Amateur
    Whaat? I read the CL post and you can get bodywork for $400 shipped. Keep the bike and track it! After doing a lot of research Duc parts aren't a whole lot more expensive just a lot fewer items avail. at one time so it seems to turn you to new products which do get pricey, but not really more than what the I-4s gonna cost for the same item. Service though... umm.... yeah thats a whole different game... if you own wal-mart stock you should sell some off to afford the upkeep
    GL with the sale!

Junior Member Novice
    Call me cheap but I am going for a $3k bike. I know I'm gonna lay her down a time or two and would rather do it to a bike I dont care about for now. Plus, the $3-4k left over from the Duc sale will help soften the blow of start-up purchases like suit, trailer, stands, tire warmers, etc. You know the drill.

Senior Member Amateur

Re: FS: 2004 Ducati 749S

Quote Originally Posted by tebok
    http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1448475780.html

Reasonable offers welcome. NADA value of $7,620 but it looks just as flashy as the $20,000 bikes out there.

If you like attention this is the special edition bike for you. It runs amazing and is everything you would expect from a hand-built Italian superbike. This is going to be a very tough sale for me to make but this gorgeous beauty must go so I can start track racing on something less pretty.

Aftermarket parts include rear sets, open CF clutch basket, black windshield, custom painted wheels. Termi half system exhaust with performance muffler, air filters, and cat eliminator pipe can be purchased separately and/or I can install it.
    NEW racer welcome and good luck with the sale if you have not yet post it on WERA X13 FORUM see you at the track!!!

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks for the info on the WERA X13 board. Big help.

*Price drop to $6500*

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1488215263.html

Member Amateur
    Holy crap, tebok's racing next season! Welcome aboard, man!

I like your approach. I did the same thing this season -- bought an inexpensive bike because from prior racing experience (non-bike), I know that I learn best by crashing. First crash taught me the limits of the rear tire, second crash of the front, and the third of the nut in the middle...

I didn't skimp on leathers for the very same reason. My RS Taichis have proven to be bulletproof.

Only problem is that I kind of fell in love with that inexpensive bike. Trying to convince myself I need something newer, but may ultimately just pick up a backup and race the '03 ZX-6 again.
    MRA #158
    TSM Racing

Thanks to Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Amsoil, and GoPro for their generous support!

On those rare days when I'm actually quick, an additional thanks to Bridgestone Tires, VP Fuels, and Ferodo Brakes for throwing me the occasional bone!

And thanks to Western Orthopedics for bolting me back together!