Thread: Sorry another one of these threads.......

Senior Member Expert

Sorry another one of these threads.......

Well the story is.... I paid for a helmet listed on WERA(as well did another fellow) and both posted by Jim Bird back at the end of November. He was very prompt in replies to my questions and I quickly paid for it hoping to get one season out of it next year. I figured a local club guy he should be fairly trustworthy and it would be a sure buy. Anyways once the money was sent the only reply I got was one email saying that it had not shipped yet. this was over three weeks ago. At first I wasn't too worried about it just figuring he was away on business or something along those lines. I have tried to contact him through WERA, email posted on paypal, and his phone number posted on Paypal as well. The short and sweet of it is I never heard back and being patient at first I can say I'm starting to get pissed. This was also my first purchase paid off of my paypal balance instead of a card, so therefore I have no backing through my paypal claim if he pulled it out already on his end.

First:

I am not trying to slander his name whatsoever and am simply posting this to hopefully get some contact info for him from local guys, or even some way to reach him. I have not ever met the fellow but have seen his Kawi at Faster that had forks on it worth more than my entire bike investment I know he rode at the tracks around the state and knew a few of our members.

Second:

For those who are not comfortable giving out contact info to me I completely understand that. I probably would not want someone to give out mine as well.... if you maybe could give him a shout for me it would be much appreciated.

And I just want to reiterate my intention is not to slam the guy or his reputation whatsoever..... I just want to know what is going on.... I'm a very patient dude for the most part.... (not over the last week though) and hope the guy just forgot about it and isn't in the hospital or something...

Thanks again fellas I appreciate it.

Nik Lenski 8)
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Nik, If you are talking about the orange ZX 10 at Faster with the Ohlins forks, that is not Jim's bike. In fact im not sure if he even has a bike at this time.

Like i said in PM's, I dont think Jim is the type of guy who would rip you off. I hope all works out.

Mike

Senior Member Expert
    Post edit...meant to type September....not november.....it was 2am

Hunh I must be all confused on who the fellow is.... I swore he was the guy down there with those octagonal ohlins forks on the kawi racebike. I saw him put the forks up for sale for like 8g's or something, anyways I appreciate the info and am just hoping to hear from the guy sooner or later.

Thanks again Mike.
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    so no one else knows this dude except mike on here..... or has spoken to him?...had a username jbird or something like that on this forum.....
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    pm sent
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    well the number I have is the same as everyone else, i had a different one before..... left a message...hope to hear from him soon.

And correction it was not a kawi it was a superbike honda....

Once again if anyone talks to him it'd be nice to mention this thread to him
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Jbird has pretty much fallen off the face of the planet. I've tried to contact him on multiple occasions (on a completely different topic, nothing to do with parts, etc...) with no luck. He sold off all his race stuff and bikes, and far as I can tell nobody's seen him since.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    yeah that seems to be the story from everyone..... kinda wonder why he sold off everything and disappeared..... after this I hope not to meet him at the track....
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Any of you guys know if his residence was in Lakewood?
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

it seems strange to me also that jim is being hard to get in touch with. i wonder if he is out of town for work? have you called bart down at faster? they are buddies.
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    Have not spoken to Bart yet...might call or swing by in the morning tomorrow...
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    I have talked to Bart and another really good friend of Bart and no one has heard from him. I have called and texted several times and nothing.
    Mike

Senior Member Expert
    I appreciate it once again mike.... figure its just a lost cause...Hoping to maybe get something back from paypal... if not I just hope to see him at the track someday.
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    if not I just hope to see him at the track someday.
    This is no doubt an unfortunate situation. I hope that you can get it resolved in the correct way, and hopefully he comes forward.

From what I know of him, he seems like a good honest guy...just as others have stated above, so hopefully he comes clean.

As for your quoted statement above........ it could be read in so many ways, so I don't want to just assume the worse (as I certain would be quite pissed off myself).....but if you do see him at the track, keep in mind that "two wrongs don't make a right", and our conduct at the race track speaks very loudly, regardless of the situation.

Once again, hopefully your situation gets resolved correctly.

Not sure what I can do, but let me know if there is some way can help out.

8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Member Amateur
    Brownie.....I dont know you too well but did get to hang with ya for a while and eat some brats. Everything I have seen and heard leads me to believe that you are truly a "Class Act". Thanks for leaving a good taste. 8) -aus
    auzzy

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    if not I just hope to see him at the track someday.
    This is no doubt an unfortunate situation. I hope that you can get it resolved in the correct way, and hopefully he comes forward.

From what I know of him, he seems like a good honest guy...just as others have stated above, so hopefully he comes clean.

As for your quoted statement above........ it could be read in so many ways, so I don't want to just assume the worse (as I certain would be quite pissed off myself).....but if you do see him at the track, keep in mind that "two wrongs don't make a right", and our conduct at the race track speaks very loudly, regardless of the situation.

Once again, hopefully your situation gets resolved correctly.

Not sure what I can do, but let me know if there is some way can help out.

8)
    Jeff I totally agree with you man and my quote was not to be taken the wrong way.... like I said I'm not trying to create a situation, just was hoping to get this resolved without problems..... everything I have heard has been good report of the fellow, I just don't know why this happened.

looking forward to next year...this snow is a bitch.....

ps I still owe you a sprocket nut
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by auzzy
    Brownie.....I dont know you too well but did get to hang with ya for a while and eat some brats. Everything I have seen and heard leads me to believe that you are truly a "Class Act". Thanks for leaving a good taste. 8) -aus
    wut up man! u going to be there next season......with some cheetos
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Member Amateur
    You, me, umbrella girls, cheetos. I have come to my final decision....Ima racin! Cant wait to hang with ya again my friend. I need Brownie to teach me how to hold my liquor better the night before hand to decrease my lappin times :twisted:
    auzzy

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by auzzy
    You, me, umbrella girls, cheetos. I have come to my final decision....Ima racin! Cant wait to hang with ya again my friend. I need Brownie to teach me how to hold my liquor better the night before hand to decrease my lappin times :twisted:
    Practice my friend,....practice!!! 8)
    You know where the school is!
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Expert
    well just heard back from my paypal claim....Jim pulled the money out of his account so I'm SOL for a refund..... I have tried to keep my patience, but after hearing this I think he knew what he was doing.... I fucking hate bullshit like this.... really pisses me off.... :evil:
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Not trying to beat a dead horse right with this thread, just wondering if anyone ever heard back from this guy? A few member had loaned him some stuff of theirs and I was wondering if you all got any of it back. Still can't believe this stuff happens in our own club to fellow racers.....
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)