Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Results and times from Round #8

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    Jen-

Thanks for getting the results posted. Will lap times be posted soon as well?
    Working it right now.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Member Amateur
    Thank You
    MRA #100
    http://viets-performance.com/
    Big Dog Wraps
    Pirelli / Ohlins / ChickenHawk / XT Racing

Senior Member Expert
    No lap times for me I'm erased
    Martin J. #73 - Motoforza Racing Team
    Motoforza bodywork www.motoforzafairings.com

Cell: 303-518-5650
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...gpic3918_6.jpg

Senior Member Amateur
    Hey guy, I know that really, really sucks!!! I seen you out there, and makin' me look pretty sketchy, all this season to come down to a little technicality like novice hrs. Heads-up, move on and we gots lots of racing still to come! Tom
    Tom Erickson #625
    RACE TECH, LP Racing, GoPro, Acerbis, Silkolene, Luttrell Family, Vortex, Kinesys Sunsreen, Yoshimura

Senior Member Amateur

NOVICE HRS

It sucks racers lost their point and finishes but it Really sucks that all of us novices didn't do are part pay or work for are club its a lot of $$ the club could use or have saved in hard times we all knew it needed to be done by 8/30

Member Amateur
    Deletion from existence seems an awfully harsh punishment. I can understand losing your spot on the grids next year and maybe your position in the final standings, but complete deletion from the database is too much. If the club needs an extra $50 from novices, put it in the race license and eliminate all this extra work tracking down who's done what. I'm trying to do a statistical study of the novice race times for a new novice class format and this skews the results.

Dirk

Senior Member Expert
    Its not just that the club needs the $50. The $50 was an option was offered towards the end of the season to the novice races who waited to long or couldn't for what ever reason or were to lazy to get their hours done. The punishment might seem harsh to you but it has been this way for a couple of years now. If the novices this applies to really cared the would either work their novice hours or go through the rule change process to see if they can get it changed.

Senior Member Expert
    ...or just do a whole 4 hours of "work" to benefit the MRA.

Viola, problem solved!

:roll:

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell
    Deletion from existence seems an awfully harsh punishment. I can understand losing your spot on the grids next year and maybe your position in the final standings, but complete deletion from the database is too much. If the club needs an extra $50 from novices, put it in the race license and eliminate all this extra work tracking down who's done what. I'm trying to do a statistical study of the novice race times for a new novice class format and this skews the results.

Dirk
    Rulebook Section 4.5.D re Novice hours " ...Failure to complete the service will result in the forfeiture of all points and standings for the season in all classes in which the rider has competed."
    Is that the same as deletion from the database?

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25
    Its not just that the club needs the $50. The $50 was an option was offered towards the end of the season to the novice races who waited to long or couldn't for what ever reason or were to lazy to get their hours done. The punishment might seem harsh to you but it has been this way for a couple of years now. If the novices this applies to really cared the would either work their novice hours or go through the rule change process to see if they can get it changed.
    I don't disagree with the whole "service to the MRA" argument (in which case I might argue that it should be required for everyone) and I agree that loss of grid positions and place in the standings might be reasonable penalties, but I think complete deletion from the database is too much. Mark them as lepers if you like but don't just throw them out.

Dirk

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Unfortunately the two are intertwined. unless we remove them from the database (IE results, points, standings, web stuff), they WILL show up on the grid - based on accumulated points - next year.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Unfortunately the two are intertwined. unless we remove them from the database (IE results, points, standings, web stuff), they WILL show up on the grid - based on accumulated points - next year.
    That doesn't have to be the case.

Dirk

Dirk
    No, it doesn't "have" to be the case, but currently it "is" the case. Feel free to re-write the database in the off season... we've been needing a new one for some time anyway. :wink:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert

Dirk
    True maybe someone can work their 4 hours and build a new data base :lol:

Member Amateur
    No, it doesn't "have" to be the case, but currently it "is" the case. Feel free to re-write the database in the off season... we've been needing a new one for some time anyway. :wink:
    Can I be reincarnated if I do? :lol:

Dirk

Dirk
    No, but I'm sure Jen would be happy to e-mail you the pdf of the actual results for the races you were in for the season.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert

Dirk
    The new database is the easy part. That can be done in 10 minutes.

It is new write all of the gridding logic correctly and a complete rewrite of the web preentry app that is the actual work.

Senior Member Amateur

nov hrs

Dirk
    K us noves knew all year to get this done or what has happened to you would be the results a lot off us like to look at are times and finishes and help are club that we reap the bennys that has been built for over 20YRS you chose your results so enjoy them !!!!!!!!!! and 4hrs or $50 is dam cheep for what we get :shock:

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    It is new write all of the gridding logic correctly and a complete rewrite of the web preentry app that is the actual work.
    What's all that currently done in?

Dirk

Senior Member Expert
    What's all that currently done in?

Dirk
    Access & Cold Fusion.

Member Amateur

Re: nov hrs

Quote Originally Posted by snay
    K us noves knew all year to get this done or what has happened to you would be the results a lot off us like to look at are times and finishes and help are club that we reap the bennys that has been built for over 20YRS you chose your results so enjoy them !!!!!!!!!! and 4hrs or $50 is dam cheep for what we get :shock:
    Look, I don't personally care one way or the other. I've got decades of volunteer experience with non-profits so I don't need to be schooled on how things work. I'm just pointing out that what has happened seems rather draconian, and doesn't seem in line with what's stated in the rulebook. If I have the skills to fix it, I'll offer them.

Dirk

Member Amateur
    Access & Cold Fusion.
    Are those choices set in stone? My experience is with Java and mySQL/Oracle.

Dirk

Senior Member Expert
    Access & Cold Fusion.
    Are those choices set in stone? My experience is with Java and mySQL/Oracle.

Dirk
    Access was a requirement 5 years ago.

Java is out for more reasons than I will go into here (and I am a Java programmer as well so it is not that I am biased the wrong way).

MySql is fine, although honestly the next generation app should be (and will be if I am a part of it) PHP/SqLite bundled so it will run anywhere on anything.

Senior Member Expert
    Easy resolution:

You want to keep your points, and standings, and times as a novice then,

DO YOUR NOVICE HOURS

Easy enough and requires no knowledge of SQL or Access or Java

8)
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
    Easy resolution:

You want to keep your points, and standings, and times as a novice then,