Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Results and times from Round #8

Senior Member Amateur
    Not that this is going anywhere, but I'll add my .02

It seems that some people decided not to complete their novice hours based on a certain belief of what the consequences for that would be. Now that they see what has happened, they don't agree with the consequences. As has been mentioned several times, this wasn't a surprise. There were several posts with hours remaining and multiple opportunities to complete them through cornerworking, cash payment or other various tasks related to the club.

With the problems the club faced this year, it bothers me that we had so many novices not complete their hours in support of the organization. I can understand not cornerworking, but there were tons of other ways to complete them.

As for me and my husband...the little amount of racing that we were able to do this year was ABOVE AND BEYOND what we SHOULD HAVE done, but we did the second to last round to HELP THE CLUB. Some of us TRULY don't have a SECOND to breathe at the track, and no EXTRA money.

I don't believe ANYONE in my boat on this thread is saying that YEAR END POINTS STANDINGS are the issue. I believe it needs to simply be more clearly stated in the rulebook that you will be wiped clean from existence. I CHOSE to not do/pay my hours due to confilcting priorities, but I would've liked to have known the EXACT consequence of that choice.

You know...as disheartening as it is for some of you to hear of people who OPTED not to do Nov hours, it is equally disheartening for those of us who are TRYING TO HELP as much as we can, to get flamed.

Extinguisher full, go ahead.
    MRA #414

Senior Member Amateur
    I agree with Tony's assessment and make a rule change to have it added to the fee's and have everybody pay it. Why should only Novices have to spend extra $ to race? I would make the rule change suggestion, but I can not make it to the meetings as my work interfears..

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by nwatkins176
    I agree with Tony's assessment and make a rule change to have it added to the fee's and have everybody pay it. Why should only Novices have to spend extra $ to race? I would make the rule change suggestion, but I can not make it to the meetings as my work interfears..
    Why cant you just post your rule change suggestion?

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9214

No real need to go to the meeting :wink:

Senior Member Amateur
    already done!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by nwatkins176
    already done!
    Well there you go! also if you have something you want brought up at a meeting but cant make it, a rider rep or any MRA member can do it for you. All you have to do is ask. Im happy to help you if i can.
    Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234