I didn't think it would come to this, but I have my eye on a XR650R supermoto that I want to turn into a track weapon, but first this one has to go. The XRR will be ALOT less obnoxious on the street and they have way better top end. They'll pull 120mph whereas my CR5 will onlly pull about 105mph with the current 15/39 gearing, but the XRR is more expensive to maintain with more moving parts. 16/36 can be made to work on the CR, but you'd have to grind the case a little to fit the 16T and special order the 36T. It should be good for about 112mph after that.

Anyway, it's a 1997 CR500 with 17'' wheels on Power Ones, EBC 320mm front rotor, steel braided brake line up front, and FMF exhaust. The suspension was sent off to Traxxion Dynamics for a full roadrace set-up. Best of all this thing comes with a CO title and is street legal. With the new laws in CO it's hard enough to get a plate for any off-road bike much less a big bore smoker. Currently it has a cut seat and is set up for the track with the bare minimum to get away with riding it on the street, but I do have a Baja Designs head light, the stock seat, and a supermoto front fender. This thing rails. I ran a :51 last time at PMI, but with a better rider this thing will run mid to upper :40's. The motor is bullet proof. Just ask Chuck. He told me he's been racing on the same top-end for 6 years. I've had it for a year-did some trail riding, did alot of street riding, and several trackdays and I've never even pulled the plug on it. Just change oil and clean filter. It starts 1st kick when warm everytime.