Thread: Rulebook: Q's not covered

Rulebook: Q's not covered

After saturday's NGTO Race race#8 I will finish in TOP 10 NGTO points, thus I will be bumped to a white plate. I want to change to a white plate after saturday's NGTO race, & I want to race the ENDO, AMGTO, OpenSuperbike, sportsman, basically everything else I could run in as an EXPERT after I convert to a white plate. I asked Tony & he said why not? So just want to see if it's legal to spend my money on other races @ race #8........anyone have any input here?
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Amateur
    Talk to Mark he is the rider director.

Jeff

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    It's pretty clear in the rulebook, and the one thing I didn't know is that you can't move from Novice to Expert 'ON THE SAME DAY' I've quoted the rules below. You CAN, however, run as a NOVICE in an EXPERT class with the prior approval of the New Rider Director.

So, the way I see it, you run Saturday as a Novice - and if you want to run any Expert classes on Saturday, you may do so with Schellinger's approval.

Then - ON SUNDAY - you race as an Expert.

4.1 Novice definition

Any rider who meets the Rider Requirements in Section 4.4 and has not advanced to expert as described in Section 4.5.

C. Novices may race in classes designated as Novice, Amateur, and Endurance. Novices may not race in Expert only classes unless given prior permission from the New Rider Director.

F. Any novice racer who finishes in the top 10 in overall points in either Novice GTU or Novice GTO will be ineligible to compete as a Novice in the future unless they do not race for 3 or more seasons and are subject to the requirements of 4.3.C.

4.2 Amateur definition

C. Any racer who begins the season as an expert class racer and finishes in the top 5 overall at the end of the year in Amateur GTO or Amateur GTU will be ineligible for both Amateur GTO and Amateur GTU in subsequent seasons. Novice racers that finish in the top 5 of Amateur GTO or Amateur GTU are exempt from this rule, as are racers that begin the season as a novice but advance to expert during that season.

4.3 Expert definition

A. Expert status must be obtained before signing up for the Expert classes. A racer cannot advance from Novice to Expert status on the same day.

I left in the Amateur thing for Cromer's clarification. If you START the season as a Novice, you are exempt from the "Top 5 and your out" rule in Amateur - even if you go Expert that year.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Just one concern... You listed Sportsman as one of your Sunday races. As a top ten novice on a large bike, I would discourage you from running in this non-compete class. This class is generally run by those who don't feel comfortable with their track experience to be dicing with the novice GTU and GTO fields. There is also a bracketed time in which you will break out, and therefore be disqualified from the results.

It also sets up a large speed differential to the Colorado Class, running simultaneously, in which the ultra lightweight bikes are competing for a championship. Throwing an open class four cylinder bike into the mix may be difficult for everyone involved. This is why Modern Vintage GTU and Super Twins GTO are no longer run together.

Just my

good call, dont want to ruin the fun.......though it would be cool :lol:
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden