Thread: gearing for HPR

Junior Member Novice

gearing for HPR

I have an 96 gsxr 750. Could someone send me in the right direction for sprocket sizes at HPR?
    Thanks
    Willie

Senior Member Expert
    If you have gearing for pueblo that will work.. Thats what I have been running but I also have a different bike. But know alot of people using their pueblo gearing at HPR

Junior Member Novice

gearing HPR

Thanks - I have a 48 0n the back now and was told that maybe a 46 or 44 may get me a little more top end. Thoughts?

Senior Member Expert
    Gearing is not specific to every rider on every track due to the fact different riders have different techniques for getting around different tracks. Some are hard on the brakes, slow through the corner then hard on the gas while others don't shed as much speed. As a novice, what probably will serve you best is the shortest you can get away with without bouncing it off the limiter. Top speed's based of the product of the exit to the previous corner at HPR that being turn three. If you come out of three slowly you'll never see the benefit of the taller gearing that you've chosen. I if possible would bring all you got and figure it out as you get closer to your race. Always available for an explanation or advice
    Jon #94

Junior Member Novice

gearing HPR

Thanks for reminding me that's it's not as simple as top speed on the straight - although getting passed when your at 13,500 rpm makes me think that I can do better. I greatly appreciate the response!
    Willie R.

Senior Member Amateur
    When I figure my gearing out I want the slowest turn to be in second. On my 2006 gsxr600 I went with front -1 rear +1 and it works great for me. What size chain do you use? I bring alot of sprockets to the track if you use 525 and need some to try out. I will check to see if your year uses the same one as I do.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../elviscopy.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lvis8310d1.jpg
    MRA #831
    Out for the 2010 Season due to Lower Lumbar fusal surgery, got to love the Army!!!!
    Thanks to our 2010 Sponsors:
    Vortex, PSR, Race Tech, GoPro, Amsoil, Moto master(now I just need to heal so I can race again)

Junior Member Novice

gearing

Thanks for the offer but I have a 520 chain. I think I'll get a 46 or a 44 and see if that helps. Thanks again!
    Willie R.