Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
What I'm not supportive of is backing off on the racer training and bike/track safety preparation the MRA currently has in place. Those of us who remember shutting down La Junta for 2 hours from a full track oil line, or the Gene/Moriah incidents don't want to re-learn the importance rider training or adequate bike preparation.

A lot of what the MRA does might look like BS or red tape to people just coming into the club, but keep in mind that it represents years of accumulated experiences and missteps. A good way to come up with new suggestions is to first understand why things are they way they are then suggest changes, not the other way around.
Agreed. I'm all for getting creative but I'm concerned the club is going down the wrong path out of deperation. I'm not racing with non-licensed un-prepped riders, I'm concerned about both their safety and mine.

I agree we CAN NOT compromise the safety of riders or the track conditions more then what we already do.

Motorcycle racing is an expensive and dangerous sport no matter what way you look at it hands down. Instead of risking and liability issues that may involve the MRA insurance by letting un-prepped bikes on the track, and untrained riders, we can get something rolling where Chicane Trackdays can do some mock races of the street guys. That can offer street riders a chance to be in a race competitive situation.