I am in favor of the street bike class for sure, the only issue I see with it is scoring for an actual race. Chris Dale could shed more light on this subject than me but how do we run a street race series when the bikes don't have number plates? Or these street bikes would all need transponders to score them. We would have to require these riders to buy transponders upfront. IF we do the street bike idea it would be very difficult to set it up as an actual championship with points, trophies, and contingency, etc. Instead it would have to be set up as a structured non-competitive track day.

I don't think we make the street bike class into a trophy class; if these riders want to be involved in trophies and championships they need to prep a race bike, get a number and join the novice ranks.

I agree with Brewer about scaling back a little. I know that scheduling events are harder than just wishing it but, two rounds at Pueblo, five at HPR and the possibility of one round at PPIR would be a great season. Of course we can't guarantee two weeks between each event but an eight or seven round season would be better.

Lastly the financial part of my post: If we run our two day schedule as is we would not be able to add the street bike class(s). But if we move the novice classes and Ltwt GP to Sunday that should make enough room to add the street bike class(s) after endurance maybe around 2:00 in the afternoon. If we charge $80 per class (I assume we break it up into gtu and gto bikes) for a half hour session each class and go $100 for someone who can run both classes. If we get twenty bikes per class we could get an additional $3,200 in income on Saturday. Plus the street guys would have to be AMA members, Pay for a current MRA license, and pay for the MRA school.

Jeff