Not to derail the direction this thread is headed, but remembrance of how Saturday was run reminded me that whether Saturday endurance or sprints were run, Saturday morning practice was a separate charge of $50 for all racers. Once the change was made to include it with race registrations, the remainder of the race registrations did not increase in price. Therefore a modest guess with an average of 100 riders means the club has surrendered $25,000 in revenue for the first half of the season alone.

I doubt too many people would vote to reinstate the additional charge. However, it does point to the fact that the club still carries all of the costs associated with running a second day on a race weekend while losing out on a lot of the revenue that used to be generated. Maybe a board discussion could also investigate the possibility of restructuring the pricing of our races to more evenly distribute the costs vs. revenue. Meaning someone who signs up for an endurance race pays $50 and practices all Saturday morning. Then he/she gets a specific 15 minute practice for the race, and finally races a 30 minute race. Conversly, someone only riding a sprint on Sunday receives 2 practice sessions and a seven lap race that is approximately 12 minutes long for $160.

I fear that if everyone riding, or not riding, had figured this out we may have bankrupted the club simply by giving the farm away. Even single day bicycle race registrations are significantly more than it costs to run an endurance race with the MRA! So what about the idea of keeping the Saturday of our events, but whatever we use it for (race, practice, or both) it generates the income to remain a somewhat profitable venture?