in the last few days i have been trying to keep up with all the different discussions about what to do with the club and how to fix the money problems. i think its actually simple economics. Ben, Dave, Glenn, Tony, my lovely wife...have all made very good points and i think its as easy as shortening the season a bit, and here is my reasons...

for the Fullers it runs us an average of $1000 a race weekend. now people can say all they want about how we are spending to much but i know plenty of racers who spend far more and plenty of them who spend less so i feel i am somewhere in the middle.

now, if we run an 11 race event season that adds up to 11,000 a year...HOLY SHIZLE, that's a new bike every year or a car or..? if we simply decrease the amount of races to say 7 that's a lot of money ($4,000) and more time in between races that could help a lot of racers decide to race a full season or not. to me this would mean bigger turnouts and more money to cover each event.

So if i have to pick or if i only have the budget to run a hand full of races i am going to skip a few so i can ride when it works best for me. i would guess a lot of racers feel the same. thats why you see tracks like pueblo dead, cuz who wants to ride a toilet bowl when they can ride a work of art like hpr.

to respond to Sexy Bens post, i guess i don't think changing the race day schedule will do anything but piss more people off and i think the club should stay away from joining forces with another group. i don't want to have to pay, sign up,bla bla bla with another group. what a pain in the ass. also the club should keep that money in the club.

we all take pride in the club and the members are like family to me, so naturally i want the club to do well.