Quote Originally Posted by Scored51

I have to disagree with your sentiment as our "point and click" approach to the task of timing. The scoring system has provided club members with far more information with regards to lap times, class track records, and more accurate results in a more timely manner than was ever present prior to the technology's arrival. Most of the time results are now posted even before racers can literally dismount their bike and get into the race day office. All of this is being accomplished with far less manpower that was never volunteer. Further financial savings to the club.
What I meant was, and this is not pointed at you. That we've become so dependent on the "script" that's put in front of us that when deviation or creativity is necessary, It becomes a huge roadblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Scored51
I already have the ability to accomplish this by exporting through .CSV files etc, but the timing system cannot make class distinctions when a rider enters more than one race. Therefore we have two options:

If we do not have a separate qualifying session for every grid to be set based on a qualifying time, the grids would for every rider would be based on his/her fastest lap on their fastest bike. This means on Sunday, I will be qualifying for Colorado Class on a near 100 hp Honda F2 that will also be running in Mod Vin GTU. The regulars in the class may not be afraid, but the F2 isn't legal for the class so why should I be gridded based upon my lap times on it?

If we arranged to have separate qualifying sessions for each race, each qualifying session (assume 15 minutes) would take as much time (most longer) than the race itself. Therefore, we would trade 2 hours of practice Sunday morning for 3 hours and 15 minutes of qualifying. What's even more interesting about this scenario is that someone will be qualifying between 8:00 and 8:15! Super Twins GTO is first race on the schedule. "How 'bout dem big purty Ducs on a cold track?
Expert fast is the first class out on the track in the morning anyway? I don't see a problem with track temps at all.

So if we did this on saturday we run practice as normal, then at the end of day, start disecting the times and put rider #x's fastest time on his pre grid spot accordingly to the other riders in that class.

What happens if i don't practice saturday, well those few people who show up sun morn, then get slotted in per there last first session times on sunday morning that way there's enough time to work them in the grid.

Well gee ben that sucks becuase they had no time to warm up....too bad....it's more incentive to show up saturday and spend more money with the club.

I think we spend too much time practicing anways....the MRA used to be a two day event club. For that past several years its now been a 3 day weekend, if you dont show up and practice on friday then you were behind the 8 ball. And this adds a whole other layer of expense, one more day taken off work, one more day of burning gas and tires. One more deterrent for a rider that can't afford friday practice to say awww screw it, I can't ride on friday and won't get up to speed in just 3 practice sessions on saturday and the other guy in my class that can afford to practice for 900 days straight leading up to a race will have already riding all day friday.

For the guys with two bikes riding multiple classes then...... well maybe we could do sessions on saturday where it's a 600cc session, then a 750 session, and a 1000cc session, that way crash lowe's 1000cc times can't be mistaken for his 750cc times.

Wyeth, I understand your apprehension here completely. But as it sits here's my point:

the club needs "racer" entry's to keep the money flowing.

Specatators entrys just don't look like the solution given the amount that would have to show up.

We need to come up with some ideas to draw in racers. We dont have time to get "new" racers. A new riders school would be nice, but even if we had one how many new riders would be able to get there bikes race ready by the next race, not the 20-30 entrys we need right now.

There is an urgency here to bring a mra racer with a race license and race bike in his garage out of hibernation. And by urgency, i mean by the next race..... The clubs check book is in the red.... There's been money loaned to the club that has to be paid back....plus the club has to break even at very least on the next race weekend.

you need to give them an incentive to come out and pay the $200 entry fee.

I have not spent too much time looking but I haven't seen any other ideas to try and draw them out.

this may not be the best idea, but it's intriguing nevertheless, correct?

The only reason Im keeping after this is because maybe someone else after reading all this will have a "ah hah" moment and come up with another idea that's better and more easily implemented.???? who knows....im just kicking down the box we are in and trying to get us thinking out of it.

let's leave the "can't do" attitudes and our half empty glasses in lazy town.