I am curious about our declining grids. In gross terms, there are largely too groups of "racers" who have raced with the MRA over the years and who may frequent this board:

Those who have raced for years and those are new to the sport.

We have historically had a rate of ~30% turnover year to year; meaning 30% of the people who raced the previous year did not show up the next year. This has been this way for the last 8 or so years I have been tracking the racer data, but this year is historically the worst I have seen.

So, I am curious:

If you are a long time MRA racer who has not been able to race much this year, why not?

And, if you are new to the MRA (say, less than 2 years membership or seasons), and you have not been able to race as much this year as you would have liked, why not?

$$$? Time? Injury? Number of events in this season? Bike prep seems too obtuse and/or difficult? Dog ran off? Wife ran off (and took dog)? "No Kids on Wheels in Pits" rule cost you too much in TBagger tickets? You were visited by the Green Fairy and couldn't find your way back to your pits?

I am curious, and am especially curious what the opinions are of long time members not racing this season (Sexy Ben? TBagger?) as well as new racers who have never competed with the MRA until this season.

-dave