Thread: HPR Configuration - Full Course at Round #7

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

HPR Configuration - Full Course at Round #7

The votes are in:

88% Full Course

12% Modified Course

Looks like we're running FULL COURSE at Round #7!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Member Novice
    Very cool!!! Good on ya Tony. =D>
    TerriR

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks for doing the poll Tony, this really shows you are getting the members involved.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by nwatkins176
    Thanks for doing the poll Tony, this really shows you are getting the members involved.

'07 APRILIA RSVR
    '07 HONDA
    KomodoGear
    RhinoMoto
    Galfer

I voted in the poll, although for me it doesn't matter, I can't seem to find my way around this track quickly! But I still have fun out there!
    Kevin F. McGuire
    MRA #expired

Ecological minded racing. Doing my part to take this country to the next fuel source by burning as much petroleum product as I can!

Sponsors; Kristie McGuire, Un!nk Printworks, MRA

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm like Zoolander, except I can't turn right. Running it counter is all that can help me.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar
    So whats the official answer???

Full course?????
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

So far 88% full course, 12% short course.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Although my preference is for the full course, I will not pass up an opportunity to ride that sweet, sweet as-phalt. (That is, unless both the west and north wings were trimmed off :lol: ) I will be there.

Senior Member Expert
    Was there a reason for the short course to begin with other than "something different"? Just trying to run fewer workers or something?

IMO we bought a whole track, let's use the whole track.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Was there a reason for the short course to begin with other than "something different"? Just trying to run fewer workers or something?

Same reason we ran Second Creek backwards... because we could. The turn 8 ~ Corkscrew transition would have been fun!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins

Same reason we ran Second Creek backwards... because we could. The turn 8 ~ Corkscrew transition would have been fun!
    Ok, fair enough.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    It may be a moot point now. Yesterday a car lost a motor coming out of T8, and punched holes in the oil pan. He didn't put much oil on the track but he pulled into the crossover and parked...and drained about 5 quarts of oil. We didn't realize what was happening under the car so the oil sat there and soaked in for the rest of the session before we moved the car and started cleaning.

My worry at this point is that every day when it gets hot (for a while) we'll have that oil cooking up out of the pavement, and it's in a pretty bad spot (in the line, just before the transition from the crossover to the outside of what is normally turn 13). I'll keep an eye on it.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

:shock: :shock: WTF, don't the cars have to run Belly Pans like the bikes? :lol:

Sounds like the overwhelming majority wanted full course anyway.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins

Can we run High Plains backwards?

Member Novice
    TerriR

Quote Originally Posted by TRK

Can we run High Plains backwards?
    the reason i heard for why cannot run backwards is the run off at the end of the backwards strait has a wall and the walls where we enter the track
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Lets run backwards with the cutoff! :shock:

can we run it figure 8
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    After running through that cars oil even after it was cleaned numerous times, I can safely say that I would be officially freakled out to have to race through it. I'm more than pleased to again be racing (hopefully) the full course. Maybe next time we can get the blown up car to pick a better place to park like maybe NEXT TO THE TRACK not on it.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    After running through that cars oil even after it was cleaned numerous times, I can safely say that I would be officially freakled out to have to race through it. I'm more than pleased to again be racing (hopefully) the full course. Maybe next time we can get the blown up car to pick a better place to park like maybe NEXT TO THE TRACK not on it.
    Jon,

What you rode through was nothing, this has happened since the last motorcycle day and is MUCH worse.

We cannot run HPR backwards for a couple reasons. The most serious is that there is insufficient runoff outside turn 11 and turn 7 for the speeds we would attain. Turn 3 would be sketchy as well. Since the course wasn't designed to be run backwards, the corner worker stations were placed without concern for running backwards. Turns 1, 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11 all have stations that are in bad places for running backwards.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Full course is sweet and is how i voted but the short course would be fun to try sometime.
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Senior Member Expert
    We just rode the full course for the STAR school and the track condition was excellent. Looking forward to racing it next week.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech