Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2009 PR Ideas - Let's get it rolling

Member Novice

Some ideas

When I've raced in other series', over the course race week, there would be stunter shows, pit tours, raffles, ballons for kids, etc... but the big difference was attendance. Attendance was anywhere from 3000-12,000. The race weeks were really geared for spectators with alot going on for them in terms of entertainment for both the big and little people beyond just watching the racing. The MRA has had like 140+ racers out which is great but we don't seem to get alot of people out to watch.

I'm a Canuck, but in comparison to back home, my perception is that folks south of the border like to race just about anything and there even a dedicated television channel for motorsports so is there a reason that peeps aren't coming out to watch? Are people outside of the MRA and riders aware of the series?

I know we cram alot of different classes over the course of a weekend. Would it be an idea to maybe cut a few of the classes, or extend the day in some way so that there could be other kinds of entertainment for spectators?

Anyhoo.. I know that the thrust of the thread is what can we do individually to help out. I'm back in school, I'd be happy to plaster posters around campus.

The other thing that was done back home was that they did up a calendar with the women racers. They always sold out really fast. They were sold trackside and at the local motorcycle shops. I'm not sure anyone would want to look at my sillyness, but airbrushing helps alot. :-) .. So in the vain of getting people to come out and to make some money, I'd be willing to do that again.

I know this has already been done by some folks but maybe we could do more pub/racer days... but another thought was to maybe focus on more family-oriented venues like.. I dunno.. Gunther Tooties or Elitches to get more kids and families coming out... Maybe something like this won't be enough for this season, but we could certainly get momentum building now for next season.

Katie

Senior Member Expert

Re: Some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by PrillerGrrl
    When I've raced in other series', over the course race week, there would be stunter shows, pit tours, raffles, ballons for kids, etc... but the big difference was attendance. Attendance was anywhere from 3000-12,000. The race weeks were really geared for spectators with alot going on for them in terms of entertainment for both the big and little people beyond just watching the racing. The MRA has had like 140+ racers out which is great but we don't seem to get alot of people out to watch.

I'm a Canuck, but in comparison to back home, my perception is that folks south of the border like to race just about anything and there even a dedicated television channel for motorsports so is there a reason that peeps aren't coming out to watch? Are people outside of the MRA and riders aware of the series?

I know we cram alot of different classes over the course of a weekend. Would it be an idea to maybe cut a few of the classes, or extend the day in some way so that there could be other kinds of entertainment for spectators?

Anyhoo.. I know that the thrust of the thread is what can we do individually to help out. I'm back in school, I'd be happy to plaster posters around campus.

The other thing that was done back home was that they did up a calendar with the women racers. They always sold out really fast. They were sold trackside and at the local motorcycle shops. I'm not sure anyone would want to look at my sillyness, but airbrushing helps alot. :-) .. So in the vain of getting people to come out and to make some money, I'd be willing to do that again.

I know this has already been done by some folks but maybe we could do more pub/racer days... but another thought was to maybe focus on more family-oriented venues like.. I dunno.. Gunther Tooties or Elitches to get more kids and families coming out... Maybe something like this won't be enough for this season, but we could certainly get momentum building now for next season.

Katie
    Heck, I'd pose in a bikini with my racebike for a calendar (anyone good with Photoshop?)

Great ideas! We need the resources (either free or REALY cheap) to get these things done. Volunteers?
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Member Novice

[quote="Wild Cheetah 612"]

Heck, I'd pose in a bikini with my racebike for a calendar (anyone good with Photoshop?)

Great ideas! We need the resources (either free or REALY cheap) to get these things done. Volunteers?
    I have a close friend whom is a serious amateur photographer. His work could easily be sold in a gallery and he's a master at photoshop. He's got all the fancy lights too. I'll ask him to see if he's up for doing glamor shots for a calendar.

My hairdressor and I are pretty close - I'll ask her if she would be willing to do hair, etc for credit on the calendar and I'm sure she would know some peeps that do makeup.

Keep you posted.

Katie

Senior Member Expert
    GREAT!!
    How about resources to actually make and print the calendar?

I'll get SKEEZBOX 969 to pose for your calender in a bikini.. :P
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A
    Sad part is Nik would do it :shock:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by racedk6
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A
    Sad part is Nik would do it :shock:
    Oh hell yeah :shock:
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Member Amateur
    Does my wife need to supply the thong for him as well? :shock:
    auzzy

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by auzzy
    Does my wife need to supply the thong for him as well? :shock:

Nope I have a few sitting around from personal mishaps with women.....thats right....WOMEN, not dudes, so I should be set. Have this black one from a blonde that should be perfect! :shock:
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Okay, guys, back to business, please.

I know, I'm no fun

Member Amateur
    This won't help this year, but could help for next year. On Sept. 12th we are doing a car and motorcycle show to benefit the Children's Miracle Network. All money raised will benefit the local affiliate, which is the Childrens Hospital in Denver.
    I usually enter my race bike, when it is looking decent, just to support the charity and increase awareness. This year we are allowing businesses to sponsor the event in exchange for advertising and a booth space to sell or promote their services.

I will donate the $100 for the MRA which will get the logo on the event t-shirts and fliers. If a few folks would like to come and set up a canopy and pass out some info, maybe have some pictures to show off, and talk racing with some people. If there is a banner with the MRA logo on it we can hang that as well.
    Then if anyone would like to enter there race bike in the event, we could set up a mock pit row if enough racers brought there bikes. Entry fees are $20 and I would be willing to cover those if it would get some more bikes out.

This would be a great opportunity to build some interest for people to try out racing next year or at least come to a few races to watch. There is a large number of what I would classify as "casual riders" around here that could be targeted to become more involved.
    I just need to know if someone is willing to set up and man a canopy and bring some pictures and info. If somebody can commit to doing that, I will pay the donation and get all the info submitted.

Senior Member Amateur

[quote="Wild Cheetah 612"]

The other thing that was done back home was that they did up a calendar with the women racers. They always sold out really fast. ...

I am in with SIX MONTHS NOTICE...Seriously. You give us a heads up for some gym time, and you could have a good photo shoot
    MRA #414

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234