[quote="Wild Cheetah 612"]
Quote Originally Posted by PrillerGrrl
When I've raced in other series', over the course race week, there would be stunter shows, pit tours, raffles, ballons for kids, etc... but the big difference was attendance. Attendance was anywhere from 3000-12,000. The race weeks were really geared for spectators with alot going on for them in terms of entertainment for both the big and little people beyond just watching the racing. The MRA has had like 140+ racers out which is great but we don't seem to get alot of people out to watch.

I'm a Canuck, but in comparison to back home, my perception is that folks south of the border like to race just about anything and there even a dedicated television channel for motorsports so is there a reason that peeps aren't coming out to watch? Are people outside of the MRA and riders aware of the series?

I know we cram alot of different classes over the course of a weekend. Would it be an idea to maybe cut a few of the classes, or extend the day in some way so that there could be other kinds of entertainment for spectators?

Anyhoo.. I know that the thrust of the thread is what can we do individually to help out. I'm back in school, I'd be happy to plaster posters around campus.

The other thing that was done back home was that they did up a calendar with the women racers. They always sold out really fast. ...

Heck, I'd pose in a bikini with my racebike for a calendar (anyone good with Photoshop?)

Great ideas! We need the resources (either free or REALY cheap) to get these things done. Volunteers?
I am in with SIX MONTHS NOTICE...Seriously. You give us a heads up for some gym time, and you could have a good photo shoot