Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
I have been racing in many different sports for a long time, with several types of originations, and even with different organizations competing for the same racers. So I have seen this sort of thing before.

Racers (in general) want to race as many tracks as possible. (the same reason most people who ski will ski several different resorts in a season, variety) The racing organization constrained by their budget, has to pick and chose the venues they can afford. This typically gives the races fewer track choices to race and so less of an interest in racing for that particular organization. With less racers interested, the organization has a smaller budget. And so on…

It seems to me if you are unable to afford the number of races you want to run at the tracks the racers want, then the first consideration as an organization would be the run fewer races at as many venues as you can. Reducing the cost for both you and the racers and keeping their interest in racing with you.

The second would be to raise the fees necessary to assure the organization can run the tracks the racers want.

And third would be cutting venues.
I would rather race HPR 10 rounds vs racing HPR 1 round, PMP 1 round, PPIR 1 round, Hastings 1 round.

I agree with you that variety is key, but for me just being on the bike going around the track and getting lapped by Cromer would be more fun 10 times than only 5 @ different Venues.