Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it True?

Senior Member Amateur
    There is a PR page?? Can't say I have access to that.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by PremiumBlend
    There is a PR page?? Can't say I have access to that.
    Hmmm..... I guess only people that were a part of it in the past have access. I was not aware of that fellas, sorry. Or I just forgot, i have hit my head a few times.

Maybe just start a new thread in the General Discussion for now.

8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    I think it would be best to start a separate thread in the General Discussion area, since the PR Forum is by invitation only. Once we get some good, attainable ideas we can allow access to the PR Forum to those involved. I had forgotten it was limited access as well. :?
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
    I agree with Jim that people need to have something in there hand

Since Tony has stated there isn't any money to print flyers....Rebellion will toss in $100.00 towards the cause

Obviously the MRA needs to allow the use of there logo, which may have been a problem in the past...can someone comment?

Jim, I will contact you about getting the money to the flyer effort

Anyone else willing to toss in some money to try and draw more people?

Joe
    There has been an issue with using the Logo in the past - but only because it wasn't used with permission of the Board. Obviously if the intent of the flyer is to promote "The MRA" then use of the logo is fine. When it's used with promotions that aren't really "part" of the MRA or our sanctioned events, then it gets messy... Trivial distinction - yes, but part of our insurance and sanctioning/risk management requirements.

Jim, unfortunately your offer to make the flyers again for 2009 never made it to the Board - so that is obviously why you never heard a response... ops:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Since finances are the main issue here, keep in mind that there's about a 20:1 ratio for the money brought into the club by a racer vs. a spectator.

A typical racer will spend about $180 on entries and maybe have 2 other pit crew for $10 each. A spectator brings in $10.

So if we're going to spend PR dollars and peoples' effort, we're about 20 times more financially effective getting racers to come out, rather than spectators.

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Since finances are the main issue here, keep in mind that there's about a 20:1 ratio for the money brought into the club by a racer vs. a spectator.

A typical racer will spend about $180 on entries and maybe have 2 other pit crew for $10 each. A spectator brings in $10.

So if we're going to spend PR dollars and peoples' effort, we're about 20 times more financially effective getting racers to come out, rather than spectators.
    James, would you agree that a large percentage of potential new racers or track day participants started off as spectators? That is how I first got interested. I realize that getting more spectators is not the ultimate solution for the club's current woes but I believe every little bit that we can do will help.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing

James, would you agree that a large percentage of potential new racers or track day participants started off as spectators? That is how I first got interested. I realize that getting more spectators is not the ultimate solution for the club's current woes but I believe every little bit that we can do will help.
    I think what Jim was trying to say is we need to get the spectators "involved" more. Try and convert them from a spectator to a racer b/c then more money can be made.

At least that was my take on it...

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by PremiumBlend
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing

I think what Jim was trying to say is we need to get the spectators "involved" more. Try and convert them from a spectator to a racer b/c then more money can be made.

At least that was my take on it...
    I know what Jim is trying to say. Thanks.

Let's move this discussion here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtop...?p=51787#51787

as it is occuring simultaneously in two different threads.

Thanks!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123