Thread: HPR Lapping Days Stickers to get on the track

Member Novice

HPR Lapping Days Stickers to get on the track

Glenn, for open MRA lapping days, may we get red stickers for FAST, and Green stickers for SLOW, instead of stripping our gloves for track entry?

It's painful for everyone involved. We have to ride through the pits without a glove tied on, getting ready for track entry, and the poor gal who is forced to molesterer us to find a green wrist tag is miserable at best. Then we spend time re-gloving just to go go go.

I am happy to purchase them on your behalf if you would like. We can put them on our wind screens for easier track entry. And peace of mind for the poor gal that had to deal with each of us individually.

Let me know...I am happy to purchase a ton of them for everyone.
    TerriR

Senior Member Expert
    The reason we don't do stickers is because the fee paid is per rider/driver, not per vehicle. If a person wants to experience the track, we need to make sure that that person paid, not that 2 or more people went in together to share a vehicle sticker. Everyone should have to pay the same rate to enter the track.

Some have argued that people who share a vehicle don't get as much track time, so it's OK that they pay a lesser rate. CAMA disagrees - a properly prepared vehicle can go all day, but the drivers can't. We all have to rest at some point, so two people sharing a vehicle and trading rest sessions would still each get roughly the same amount of track time as everyone else, but would only pay half the money. That's not fair to the people who pay full price, and it's not good for the bottom line of the track that YOU own.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Novice
    Glenn, I understand that that may be true for the cars, but as you full well know us sportbike racers have our own bikes. How rare would it be for us to double up on riders on our bikes? (although I can see the possibility here)

However, to pose an answer to the situation, can we do a helmet sticker? Something that would be an absolute differentiating quality instead of stripping?

Put a green or red sticker on the helmet. Just an idea. Because if you decide that is something you want to "share" it's going to get shredded. It just will and it will be very obvious.
    TerriR

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriRomaneschi
    Glenn, I understand that that may be true for the cars, but as you full well know us sportbike racers have our own bikes. How rare would it be for us to double up on riders on our bikes? (although I can see the possibility here)

However, to pose an answer to the situation, can we do a helmet sticker? Something that would be an absolute differentiating quality instead of stripping?

Put a green or red sticker on the helmet. Just an idea. Because if you decide that is something you want to "share" it's going to get shredded. It just will and it will be very obvious.
    I think the possibility of doubling up on a bike is very high. actually more so than cars. there's been plenty of times when I've ridden other peoples bikes at the track.

also what happens when I bring two bikes? They won't give me two stickers as I could pass one off to my buddy. so then I have the PITA of switching the sticker back and forth from my two ducatis every session.

I could possibly see the helmet sticker thing, but again, how easy is it to peel the sticker off and stick it on your buddy's helmet.

As much as a pain the wristbands are, I hate them myself, I do see that they are necessary to keep things tidy when it comes to who paid and who didn't
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Amateur
    How about wristbands that are long enough to have a tail that would protrude out of our gloves?

Senior Member Amateur
    We used to do what was mentioned above, and might for our rider training courses. We would use a wrist band for the rider and one of the same color to make a tail that would come out of the glove for all to see.

Maybe this will help.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Junk
    We used to do what was mentioned above, and might for our rider training courses. We would use a wrist band for the rider and one of the same color to make a tail that would come out of the glove for all to see.

Maybe this will help.
    Thats a damn good idea! Will do!

The helmet sticker was a thought as well, but there are two problems with it. One, it's just as easy (though a little icky) for two people to share a helmet as it is to share a car or bike. Two, it makes it harder for the staff to see a sticker on a helmet in a car. With the wristband on the left wrist, they just stick their hand out the window.

I have mixed feelings about this whole debate. On one hand (pun intended) I think it's a pretty silly thing to complain about - I mean, really, is it THAT big of a deal to wait to put your glove on until after you've shown your wristband??

On the other hand, I guess it's a good sign that one of the only things worth complaining about is something so trivial.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Novice
    Wonderful. I guess a good idea came from the triviality of it after all.

This wasn't meant as a complaint, more of a question based on what I saw and heard in the pits. Granted this was just a small simple idea for future ease for everyone. If it helps great! If not great too.

I get sweeter with time. You'll just love it.

TerriR