Thread: changing stu/modvin o grids

changing stu/modvin o grids

i'm not sure who i would need to ask, but how would we go about starting the 1000cc bikes in the first wave ahead of 125s and sv650s. i don't mind getting lapped but on the first lap, everyone is still pretty bunched up
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    Never! Holding off the raging hordes of old liter dino-shredders is what we should LIVE for!
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Expert
    As technology changes, the classes evolve. We had to move Modern Vintage U to a race with Ladies of the Rockies as they were getting mowed down by the new and improved STO. I don't think we could move MVO to that spot without a home for MVU.
    Let me take a longer look at the schedule and consider a change. More than likely it would be implemented next year as people have made bike selections and organized their race day to fit the existing one.
    I'll look at it and get back to you.
    Timmay! Young #46
    Track Marshal 2006, 2007, 2009, & 2010
    Rider Representative 2004 & 2005
    MV GTU Season Champion 2003
    Racing to mediocrity 1997-well, now...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay!
    As technology changes, the classes evolve. We had to move Modern Vintage U to a race with Ladies of the Rockies as they were getting mowed down by the new and improved STO. I don't think we could move MVO to that spot without a home for MVU.
    Let me take a longer look at the schedule and consider a change. More than likely it would be implemented next year as people have made bike selections and organized their race day to fit the existing one.
    I'll look at it and get back to you.
    i think we can still keep vin o and twin u together, just have the vin o guys start in the first wave. i haven't looked at lap times, but i would guess the faster vin o guys would lap us slower twins folks by the last couple laps and by then both grids would be a little more spread out around the track.
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Mohammer Time! Expert
    dont move the class!!!!

i don't want to move the class either, it works great for my schedule also. just change the starting order. i can live with it the way it is if everyone else is okay with the waves, but i would think some of the vin o folks would also like to start in the first wave also
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    I agree with Marty. letting us start in the first wave would keep us from running into the first wave by t8-t9. I know its racing and all, but if the second wave is that much faster than the first doesn't it make sense??
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Mohammer Time! Expert
    I think it goes both ways. :shock: There are some bikes in U that will see the vintage guys within a few turns. Plus there is contingency money that can be chased in STU.

It is a lot easier for a big bike to get around a slower little bike than the other way around