Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You

Thank You

I just wanted to thank the MRA corner worker staff and the EMT's for helping out at the start of Novice GTO on saturday! I do appologize to the other riders, I don't know what happened my bike lost power at the start and I put up my hand as fast as I could...again I hope everyone is ok, and as soon as I can get the bike put together I will see all of you again soon!

also I appologize again for my dad running out on the track...it will NOT happen again.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    glad your ok bro : ( it all happened behind me so i fortunately didnt get to see it. let me know if ya need anything

Senior Member Amateur
    no apology necessary. it happens. sucks that it happened but we all take the risk when we line up on the grid.

i am the guy who slammed into you. well thats what everyone else is saying who witnessed it :?
    i started in the 5th row so i think a row or 2 behind you.
    i actually dont remember anything about the crash though.
    My friends who saw it said i had no time to react and it was unavoidable. i beleive i had just shifted into 2nd gear before the impact.

How is everyone else who was involved with the crash? i hope everyone is ok.
    i ended up going to the hospital about 4 hours after the crash to check out my leg since it got ran over a couple times and my memory was getting worse as the day went on.
    no broken bones and just a mild concussion.

the bike is in a lot worse shape than i am so i got lucky.
    again, i hope everyone else that was involved is doing ok.
    i did have a go pro camera running at the time of the accident but i guess the initial impact damaged it and it is saying the file is corrupt.
    if anyone has any pictures or video you should shoot me a message. my bike did a couple flips/cartwheels in the air which would be nice to see on film 8)
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

I was on the front row, in the middle, and once it happened I did everything I could to let everyone behind me know to go around...but with that many bikes it's so hard to react in time...I don't really know what happened either, it all kinda happened behind me, all I saw was sky, bikes, sky, bikes, sky... thankfully my leg got the brunt of it, it's huge, but no broken bones, and that is the important part. Glad you are ok. The thing that really sucks is after the crash and bike was up, it started up right away :?: so I don't know why it just shut off but it happened at the worst time.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by loujr
    I was on the front row, in the middle, and once it happened I did everything I could to let everyone behind me know to go around...but with that many bikes it's so hard to react in time...I don't really know what happened either, it all kinda happened behind me, all I saw was sky, bikes, sky, bikes, sky... thankfully my leg got the brunt of it, it's huge, but no broken bones, and that is the important part. Glad you are ok. The thing that really sucks is after the crash and bike was up, it started up right away :?: so I don't know why it just shut off but it happened at the worst time.
    Hmmm... what exactly did your bike do? Did you hear any noises before it shut off? Did lose all power or did it just die?

I didn't make any noise, once I launched off, I got a pretty good start shifted into second and then right after it was like someone just turned it off :?: :?: just shut down and after crash was all over and bikes were gone I got it back up...I went over to it and looked at it, the key was still on, I pressed the start button and it started right up :twisted: I dont know why it shut down...but I wish it didn't...even now it starts right up...
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Member Amateur
    Glad to hear that you guys are ok. I was in the second wave and it looked pretty nasty. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera on the bike.

Dirk

Senior Member Expert
    I didn't make any noise, once I launched off, I got a pretty good start shifted into second and then right after it was like someone just turned it off :?: :?: just shut down and after crash was all over and bikes were gone I got it back up...I went over to it and looked at it, the key was still on, I pressed the start button and it started right up :twisted: I dont know why it shut down...but I wish it didn't...even now it starts right up...
    loose ground wire maybe? I think i have one on my bike actually, so i need to dig into my ground/pc3 ground. cuts out sometimes

Senior Member Amateur
    my bike wont start due to the case being cracked
    is your kill switch taped or do you have a pin in it to keep it from being switched to off?
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

did second gear engage?
    if it did, are you sure you made a positive shift? could it have popped out of gear and given you a false neutral?
    when it died, do you think i cut off or just lost rpms?
    are you running a quickshifter?

just a few ideas

btw, it is awesome that all folks involved are relatively okay, i was to the right and about a bike length behind guys when it happened and i am amazed that you guys were not hurt worse.

GNGSXR:
    i am especially glad to hear you are okay, as i passed the pile up, i saw your arms/legs and bike cart wheeling a next to me before it made it over the wall :shock:
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by marty

GNGSXR:
    i am especially glad to hear you are okay, as i passed the pile up, i saw your arms/legs and bike cart wheeling a next to me before it made it over the wall :shock:
    thank you.
    i still dont remember anything about it.
    a few people i know witnessed it and said i slammed into the back of the other bike, flew over the handlebars about 5-8 feet in the air, bike did a couple cartwheels, i hit the ground, spun on my back a bit, got run over, and spun around some more.
    all in all it was a fun day :wink: haha
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

when I shifted into 2nd it was positive and I was in second going, no quick shifter or anything like that, kill switch was still in the on position all the wires are good, key was on....dont know why it just shut down? just shut down total loss of power it was like the key was turned off or something but it was on...so I have no clue. Again I am glad everyone is ok...
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Senior Member Expert
    I'm thankful you guys are ok and recovering, we're all very lucky that wasn't worse. I was gridded 5th row left and saw it happening out of the corner of my eye during the start, it reminded me of the Scott Russell Daytona wreck. Heal up quick, I hope everyone involved is ok and back on the track soon!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR
    i did have a go pro camera running at the time of the accident but i guess the initial impact damaged it and it is saying the file is corrupt.
    If you haven't erased the card yet let me take a stab at getting the video off of it. I might be able to...
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Glad to hear everyone involved is OK. I was gridded row 1 left and didn't know anything happened till I saw a red flag in turn 2.
    Jon #80
    2011Sponsors: ABATE, All Pro Science, Armour Bodies, Aurora Honda, LeoVince Exhaust, Renthal, Un!nk Printworks, Woodcraft, XBam

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    If you haven't erased the card yet let me take a stab at getting the video off of it. I might be able to...
    where r u located?
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

If you actually get the video done, I would really enjoy seeing that!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Senior Member Expert
    I had front row seats to that and I'm glad you guys are all right... heal up and hope to see you out there again soon!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    where r u located?
    Yeah, he's right, it's possible it can be recovered. I would like to offer my services as well, if rforsythe would like some help or just have someone else take a crack at it. I'd be very interested in seeing it since I was the third bike in. I was too close to the back of you two when you got into each other and couldn't avoid getting collected (trust me, I tried). I would very much like to make sure it dosen't show us all holding hands sliding down the track; that could be embarassing

Junior Member Novice
    check the kickstand kill switch.

Senior Member Amateur
    when I shifted into 2nd it was positive and I was in second going, no quick shifter or anything like that, kill switch was still in the on position all the wires are good, key was on....dont know why it just shut down? just shut down total loss of power it was like the key was turned off or something but it was on...so I have no clue. Again I am glad everyone is ok...
    just please please please make sure you check everything out before you grid up again.
    kickstand switch, tape or drill a hole for a pin on the killswitch, check ignition and battery wires etc. 8)
    im gonna be out for a while repairing my bike so hope to see you all again soon.
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

will do ops:
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

and again I am sorry, I had no issues what so ever leading up to this, everything was in great working order. I spent all winter long putting the bike together and went over everything with fine tooth comb. I too will need time to get everything back up and running, and beleive me before I do I will make sure everything is perfect!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Senior Member Amateur
    No worries man. Like I said before, no apologies are needed. It happens.
    Sorry if I came off as an ass I'm my previous post. I just know i would check out everything on my bike if I had a gremlin like that lurking in the bike.
    So what kind of damage did your bike get after I snowplowed into you?
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

No your good you did not come off as an ass...I just feel bad I know it happens, but still I am not a complete prick and don't care about all the people that were involved, racers, family, ect. Back of the bike is in pretty bad shape, pipe, swing arm, rear rim, all pretty much trash. I don't know about the front end, but the stock mount for the steering dampner is bent down, so I have to make sure that is ok, the frame broke where the frame slider bots into, and just a bunch of little things, that would be expected....going to take some time, but I already ordered a swing arm and rear rim...so hopefully sooner than I think. :shock: Then I need to go back over everything to make sure that NEVER happens again.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast