Thread: '48 willys CJ2

Senior Member Amateur

'48 willys CJ2

i inherited a jeep.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoje/se...7615859542694/
    i have lots of questions about random things and usually find answers on unrelated message boards.

allegedly it was put away running 30 years ago, but it will need some cleanup. there has got to be cement in the fuel lines by now.

anybody know anything about converting a 6v electrical system to a 12v one or sandblasting the old paint off a jeep?
    the electrical change should be easy i would think; starter, coils and bulbs. I'd knock the supply down to 6 to run the gauges.
    how do you sandblast something as large as a jeep. can you do that outside somehow?

before i get too carried away with it, i would like to see it run. how can i go about making a 6v power supply worthy of cranking a motor over? i'm sure i can find a 6v battery somewhere but dont want to spend any money on one when 12v is the way i'd like to go. (this is a budget project anyway). can i take a spare car battery, pound a screwdriver thru the top about halfway thru and use that as a post?
    Justin Meyer

Senior Member Expert
    Coblaco Services of HWY 85 south of Brighton can Sand Blast it.
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Expert
    How many times have I told you to stop going in peoples garages and takin their old jeeps? :wink:

Senior Member Amateur
    Give Brady a call at High Country Performance. Hes got one in his garage hes restoring right now. I used to work with him at Mile High Jeep Builders, a holy grail of old jeep parts and info. I went the way of the bikes, he stayed with the jeeps. 303 761 7379. Tell him Ryan at Vickery sent you.

Senior Member Amateur
    thanks guys
    Justin Meyer