Thread: Open Lapping Days at HPR (REVISED 3/17)

Senior Member Expert

Open Lapping Days at HPR (REVISED 3/17)

So, I just got done doing a bunch of revisions to the online schedule for High Plains Raceway. Between the private schools/track days and HPR run days I tried to get 2-4 motorcycle lapping/school days per month, as evenly spaced as possible. A good number of the motorcycle days are on Mondays for you dealership employees! Check it out here --> http://www.highplainsraceway.com/events.html

Pay special attention to the following for the Friday and Monday lapping days:

"Open Lapping Day - Cars Only" is pretty self explanatory, no biker trash allowed

"Open Lapping Day - Motorcycles Only" are days that are open to ALL motorcycles, race and street bikes

Any Friday that says "Motorcycle Roadracing Association" is a practice day open to MRA licensed racers only. Full MRA tech applies, but the practice is run by HPR, not the MRA.

General policies:
    **REVISED** Please see the official HPR Lapping Day Policies HERE

There is a $10 discount for signing up online ahead of time. To sign up, find the day you want to ride on the HPR SCHEDULE and click where it says "Open Lapping Day - Motorcycles only". There will be a payment link in the pop up window. If it isn't there yet, please be patient - it will be soon.

Chicane Track Days has events on Monday, June 8th and SUNDAY, September 13th!

Jason Pridmore's STAR Motorcycle School is coming July 13/14.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few things so don't hesitate to ask.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Great news, Glenn.

I'm assuming the open lapping days won't have any support ( medical, flagging etc) but the open days before MRA races will.

I hope when Jason Pridmore brings his school to HPR he is required to teach the correct track entrance and exit. The last few years at PMP he has taught the wrong entrance to hundreds of local riders and we all know where that can lead.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by mbohn
    The last few years at PMP he has taught the wrong entrance to hundreds of local riders and we all know where that can lead.
    :?:

I've been to their Pueblo school in 2006 and again this past Sept. and their track entrance/exit instructions were fine.

They did access pit lane for track entry from the north end of the pits rather than by the tower - is that what you are referring to?

Maybe I'm picking nits, but to me that's a bit different than teaching an altogether different entrance to the track.

Good clarification for riders at the orientation session regardless...

Member Amateur
    Does this mean the days with nothing noted on the calendar are days open to bikes and cars, or is the track closed those days?
    Kurt Cecil
    MRA #914
    CSBA #720

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by kcecil
    Does this mean the days with nothing noted on the calendar are days open to bikes and cars, or is the track closed those days?
    TBA
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by gsnyder828
    They did access pit lane for track entry from the north end of the pits rather than by the tower - is that what you are referring to?
    Yes.

Member Novice
    Even though we have never actually met Glenn, I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for all the hard work you have done, and the incredible schedule that is now up.

I feel so blessed and excited to have the opportunity to be getting 3 days a month on one of the best tracks in the US. This is going to be one amazing summer
    Thanks Again, Mark

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by mbohn
    Great news, Glenn.

I'm assuming the open lapping days won't have any support (medical, flagging etc) but the open days before MRA races will.
    Sorry for the delay in answering, Mark.

Open Lapping Days where we anticipate high turnout will have an ambulance on site (there is a $10 discount for registering ahead of time to help us predict turnout) and will have minimal corner staff.

The two "MRA only" Fridays WILL have an ambulance on site, and will have minimal corner staff.
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by gripped
    Even though we have never actually met Glenn, I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for all the hard work you have done, and the incredible schedule that is now up.

I feel so blessed and excited to have the opportunity to be getting 3 days a month on one of the best tracks in the US. This is going to be one amazing summer
    Thanks Again, Mark
    You're quite welcome, (most of) it's been a pleasure
    The GECCO

Senior Member Amateur
    Glenn -

HPR policy stipulates that 1/2 day riders won't be allowed through the gate until 12:30 p.m. I usually figure on an hour or so to unload, unwind, etc. before actually entering the track. Can this be reviewed? What are your thoughts?

Mike

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Mania
    Glenn -

HPR policy stipulates that 1/2 day riders won't be allowed through the gate until 12:30 p.m. I usually figure on an hour or so to unload, unwind, etc. before actually entering the track. Can this be reviewed? What are your thoughts?

Mike
    We decided that some take longer than others, especially those that don't tow their track vehicle to the track and can start lapping immediately. Having your unloading time not cut into lapping time is a little bonus for paying for a full day.
    The GECCO