Thread: School HPR April 11th & 12th

Member Amateur

School HPR April 11th & 12th

I'm debating on whether or not it'll be worth it to do the Pridmore School. My question is, what is the MRA school consist of? Is it just a licensing clinic or do they also give riding instruction. Thanks.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    MANDATORY Friday evening classroom from 6pm - 9pm for BOTH schools.

Saturday school and Sunday school will be ALL DAY riding & instruction. Groups of 3-4 riders per instructor. Broken up by experience, displacement and type of bike.

Attention given to bike setup (general), tire pressures (brand specific), suspension settings (general), and anything you'll need to pass MRA tech.

Start procedure, body position, turn in point, increasing radius, decreasing radius, trail braking, etc, etc, etc...

Tons of on-bike practical experience, AND all the info on MRA specific racing stuff like registration, pre-tech, tech, flags, everything...

I've never done a Pridmore school, but I'd say that if you plan to race with the MRA, it makes sense to take the MRA school (even if you take the Pridmore school too) or you'll show up the first race weekend and won't know what the hell is going on...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Ditto what Tony said.

I've done a couple Pridmore Schools.
    PM me if you're interested in my impressions.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    MANDATORY Friday evening classroom from 6pm - 9pm for BOTH schools.
    Where is the Fri night class located?
    If Sat is a rain out, will the paid riders be able to participate on Sunday?

Senior Member Expert
    Class room portion is at Faster Motosports from 6 to 9pm

If we will be racing in the rain at High Plains why would we not be able to do the school there in the rain?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25

If we will be racing in the rain at High Plains why would we not be able to do the school there in the rain?
    Didnt think of that I guess, Had PMP in mind I guess...

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25

Didnt think of that I guess, Had PMP in mind I guess...
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    So is there a list of who is signed up for saturday and what are the times for being at the track and when will it end? i am look for a schedual for saturday. It is my wifes B-day so I would like to know when to book dinner for her in denver.

Senior Member Amateur
    So is there a list of who is signed up for saturday and what are the times for being at the track and when will it end? i am look for a schedual for saturday. It is my wifes B-day so I would like to know when to book dinner for her in denver.

I don't post a list of who's signed up for when. I don't think it's anyone's business, honestly...

I will send a confirmation letter a couple weeks in advance of the schools with EXACT information on where to be when, what to bring, etc...

I don't know for sure what time the school will end on Saturday, oftentimes we go until 5pm...

My advice is that you take the school on Sunday, and not try to squeeze the school and your wife's birthday dinner in on one day. You'll be completely wasted by the end of the day, and you won't be any fun at dinner.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    i was not asking for it to published just looking to see if i am on it for saturday. I never heard back when I signed up so am in limbo to if I will be on the track or not. Please PM me so i can talk off line to you.

pm sent.

I did get your app, and sent a confirm to that effect on Jan 25th. Not sure why you don't have it...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by: